Tommy525's sneaking into Taiwan :)

Yeahh, got a new passport and am sneaking back iinto Taiwan in the near future for a short visit !! Yippee !! Flights are still pretty cheap?? Its like less then 750 bucks roundtrip. I remember paying that ONE WAY outa Taiwan in 99.

It will be fun to ride the HSR, see the doggone Pandas at the zoo, the Taipei 101, plus ride all the subway lines in Taipei (I have been on the Tamsui and the zoo one). Too bad the maokong cable car is still out it seems.

Plus ride the new subway liines in Ktown. Plus check out all the hot cuties supposedly there on chong siao e.rd?

And of course most importantly to see my family and my baby !! yeahhh.

IM excited.

[quote]And of course most importantly to see my family and my baby !! yeahhh.
[/quote]
Lucky you! Have a great time!

That’s definitely cheap. I paid double that to fly back to Canada last time.
You’ll have to get to a HH here. And have a drink with the chief
Bring me some Blue Cheese Dressing! :slight_smile:

hehe@ have a beer with the Chief. I am sure he will be delighted to see me (not).

Ya i will bring you a bottle if you really cant track one down . Wonder if the customs guy will confiscate it ? Salad dresssing?? SURE!!! COME WITH ME>>>
And thanks Sandman. Time has flown. I had no idea where the 9 years went?

Great.
How much are tickets to Canada?

I think I paid around 45000 in mid-December to go to Ottawa.
Vancouver would obviously be cheaper, but I’m not sure how much.

Tommy, bienvenido a casa.

I’ll be here too, let’s do beers. I don’t really keep up with feuds here, so maybe someone can fill me in on the tommy vs chief one.

Actually what would be really cool would be if the software mined information about from which posters people block/pm so you could see the feuds and friendships at a glance. It would be a bit like the map colouring problem, only with I suspect far more colours.

Welcome back to Taiwan Tommy…enjoy yourself when you are here.

A boy or a girl? Congrats! Have a lovely time, tommy. I think we’d be neck and neck in a ‘who’d enjoy a holiday in Taiwan more’ competition right now, but hey.

Have a good one.

Muchas gracias Icon, eres simpatica.

thanks headhoncho and kingzog . Oh hey I think that IS Rainie afterall . Sure I will be game for a brewski if I can log on somewhere and get in touch. I will bring my netbook. I suppose some of the cafes have free wifi?

And thanks Bcup. Ya, how long has it been since you were on “your” island? For me, I cant believe I had not visited since late 99? I dont know how that happened? Seems its only been 4 years since I left, hard to imagine its been over 9. I wonder how surprised I would feel. I mean I dont even know what the new NT dollar bills look like !!! My baby? Shes a girl and shes 25 :slight_smile:, oh and errr… Im not her dad.

January 2008. Not that long. I didn’t really miss it for about a year, although it took a while to settle here. I’m going to be back later in the year, possibly for work, if that pans out, and definitely for a holiday.

Way cool and TAiwan now lets you in for up to six months visa free yeah? Us merican citizens only get 30 days :frowning:

They gotta change that. I hear the USA is gonna let TAiwanese in visa free for 90 days so then Taiwan could reciprocate with 90 days too.

Schengen countries are thinking of letting Taiwanese in 90 days as well or even 180 days. That could mean a lot more european young people in Taiwan horsing around?

For one thing I would expect more Brits having a laugh and teaching some (real) English in Taiwan soon as word gets around that its do-able and maybe fun?

[quote=“tommy525”]

For one thing I would expect more Brits having a laugh and teaching some (real) English in Taiwan soon as word gets around that its do-able and maybe fun?[/quote]

It’s not, though. :laughing:

Someone said in another thread that there were 150 applicants for 20 Hess jobs. The economy’s a mess, right now, in the UK. It’s not that attractive to go and further flush your prospects down the toilet … Taiwan’s great, but the amount of Brits who would genuinely come for 90 days’ tourism would be infinitesimal. It only benefits illegal workers. I guess they have to reciprocate, though.

Not sure where Britain are going with the visa opening stuff. It’s definitely going to change sooner or later, although probably not for Taiwan.

Doesn’t baby in T-talk = gf?
Do you really mean, like, infant?

[quote=“maunaloa”]Doesn’t baby in T-talk = gf?
Do you really mean, like, infant?[/quote]

Yes you be correctamente “baby” in T-talk = gF and I actually answered that already?

“My baby? Shes a girl and shes 25 , oh and errr… Im not her dad.” :slight_smile:

Of course as what usually happens I probably have been taking someone else’s wife out to dinners and lunches (all my GF seem to marry other people down the road).

Wonder who is taking MY future wife out for dinners/ lunches and errr. what nots…as we speak?? hmmm. Interesting thought.

Cool! We can have a drinking contest and end the debate about who rocks more.

He’s got my vote if he brings me Blue Cheese Dressing.

Blue cheese dressing? It’s in the post, Mr Josefus.

Tommy, can ya hear me?

:serenade:

Let me be the VERY FIRST to say that irishstu will be there to pick you up at the airport.

He looks just like Daisyhotkiss; you can’t miss him.