Tommy's story

Whew! That’s extreme!!!

But what she does, butt-washing with soap and water, is probably better for you and more thorough than using toilet paper.

that vid is not playable in calif

Probably?

:ponder:

Congrats Tommy!
Welcome to the marital bliss club.

Probably?

:ponder:[/quote]
Emphasis by understatement. Like saying “The universe is kind of a big place”. A touch of irony.

:noway: :smiley:
I think i will post a few pics and this thread will have pretty much run its course. Now that we are digressing into the relative merits of using toilet paper or washing with soap and water?

Standing at a STOP sign , carrying a License to Marry for the State of California, before heading in to the building behind us to say our vows

In front of Window number 5, paying the fee

Exchanging vows - Married !

Joe (at the pulpit) came down from the hills and Roy the neighbor and self appointed Mayor of our little apartment complex , and Godfather of Whopper graciously came to be a witness as well. We are all hanging out while the Judge is away.

Looking like we just robbed the bank behind us

Good luck and God bless you both. You really look happy and I am really pleased for you. May you have a long and happy union. Tommy525, the man who makes things happen while others sit and worry. I’ve learnt a lot from you and this thread, so I thank you for that too.

Congratulations, tommy. I wish the two of you a wonderful life together and eternal happiness.

It’s been a long road but you made it. All the best and congratulations Tommy. :discodance:

[quote=“tommy525”]
Looking like we just robbed the bank behind us
[/quote]

In this one it looks like shes about to reach for your junk. Enjoy the honeymoon!

The knot has been tied! Congrats!

While in Martinez, did you stop by the plaque marking the birthplace of the Martini? Or visit the John Muir estate?

[quote=“tommy525”]:noway: :smiley:

Joe (at the pulpit) came down from the hills and Roy the neighbor and self appointed Mayor of our little apartment complex , and Godfather of Whopper graciously came to be a witness as well. We are all hanging out while the Judge is away.

Don’t show this to Roy…but he reminds me of the jailer guy from “Life of Brian” :astonished:

[quote=“Chris”]The knot has been tied! Congrats!

While in Martinez, did you stop by the plaque marking the birthplace of the Martini? Or visit the John Muir estate?[/quote]

Funny how years iv lived in San FRAn and iv never been to Alcatraz. And iv lived years now about 15 mins drive from downtown Martinez and iv never been to the TWO bars that claim to have invented the Martini. Wonder which one is genuine?

And iv yet to go to the John Muir house either. I think iv passed by a few times.

Will put them on the calendar.

Quick update. Sent off the adjustment of status paperwork and it arrived today. So the wait for the green card begins. Read online most people seem to get it in about 3 to 6 months.

Was nice the work permit and the advance parole apps are free when putting in the adjustment of status. Which costs 1070 already with the 85 dollars for fingerprinting included.

Its going to be a month or two I guess until told to go to such and such a place and she has to have pics taken and be fingerprinted.

In future probably a stool sample may be needed (to get your DNa ) ?

Then some people dont need an interview , but others do. Where they ask us questions to ascertain if we really are a married couple. Sort of like in the movie GREEN CARD (oldie but goodie).

After the interview the decision is made to grant or not grant the green card.

Makes no sense. Say they said NO to granting a Green Card. What does that mean exactly? It means they are dissing the court system who married us? BEcause married is married. Get married in court and thats as official as it gets.

So this whole process is kind of dumb.

The amount of paperwork asked for is a lot too.

2 pics, copy of the approved I-129F petition. Copy of the actual visa in the passport, pledge of support, and a whole bunch of other forms.

I had to check and double check and triple check if all the forms are enclosed before sending off the envelop and the check for the 1070 dollars.

In the meantime, she can’t work and can’t leave the country. Or its a huge mess.

Not even for a short trip to Canada or Mexico. Not that we are planning anything of the sort in the first place. But thats all Verboten.

Good thing the USA is huge and one can roam all over it. I guess Hawaii would be no problem. I wonder if Guam is considered still ok? As its a US Trust territory?

This is going to stick with me.

Havent read the whole thread.

I think i got through the best bits of the story.

Congrats to you and your lovely bride!!

I trust your new bride will look after you “in sickness and in Health”. Training must commence immediately :notworthy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151812879573768&set=vb.756213767&type=2&theater

Well I am a novice at marriage. Iv only been married once before and we never made it through to the second anniversary.

Its an adjustment. The little lady got into a tiff last night because she suddenly declared that I dont need her. Just because I didnt get off the computer the very second she got out of the bath. Funny :slight_smile: She has set a moratorium on bedtime that is not to be violated ! Mind you it wasnt because she wanted any “special attention” as shes on her period.

Took twenty minutes of cajoling to get her back on an even keel. Somehow we are supposed to be mind readers.

One minute shes watching tv and seemed to be getting into it. Next shes on the fone with her sister in Indo. Then she said I should shower first. Then she showers and the second shes out and ready for bed, im supposed to shut down and go to bed.

Shes not realizing that I had a busy non stop day. DIDnt get to eat lunch till 4pm and we met up in berkeley for dinner (she barted over) and then drove home.

I need time to chill before shutting down for bed. Shes been chillin all day and doesnt need to shut down any nuclear reactors.

Good thing I was able to get a bottle of whiskey and had a sip .

Not a drinker per se, but i do like a sip or two a day.

Crown Royal aint bad.

Shes a great wife tho. Cooks great meals, washes and irons all my clothes. Vacuums the house daily and LOVEs THE CAT. Generally easy to get along with !

Wives just expect us to be mind readers tho. I told her , she has to communicate with me her thoughts and wishes. I can’t automatically suss them out !

Tommy congrats! I had no idea what this was about when I clicked it and then couldn’t stop reading. Glad it went well.

Do you mind if I ask what you mean by saying you were exiled from Taiwan?

[quote=“tommy525”]Well I am a novice at marriage. Iv only been married once before and we [color=#FF0000]never made it through to the second anniversary[/color].

Its an adjustment. The little lady got into a tiff last night because [color=#FF0000]she suddenly declared that I don’t need her[/color]. Just because I didnt get off the computer the very second she got out of the bath. Funny :slight_smile: She has set a moratorium on bedtime that is not to be violated ! [color=#FF0000] Mind you it wasn’t because she wanted any “special attention” as shes on her period. [/color]

Took [color=#FF0000]twenty minutes of cajoling to get her back on an even keel[/color]. [color=#FF0000]Somehow we are supposed to be mind readers[/color].

One minute shes watching tv and seemed to be getting into it. Next shes on the phone with her sister in Indo. Then she said I should shower first. Then she showers and the second shes out and ready for bed, im supposed to shut down and go to bed.

[color=#FF0000]Shes not realizing that I had a busy non stop day.[/color] DIDnt get to eat lunch till 4pm and we met up in berkeley for dinner (she barted over) and then drove home.

I need time to chill before shutting down for bed. [color=#FF0000] Shes been chillin all day and doesnt need to shut down any nuclear reactors[/color].

Good thing I was able to get [color=#FF0000]a bottle of whiskey[/color] and had a sip .

[color=#FF0000]Not a drinker per se, but I do like a sip or two a day.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Crown Royal aint bad[/color].

[color=#FF0000]Shes a great wife tho. Cooks great meals, washes and irons all my clothes. Vacuums the house daily[/color] and LOVEs THE CAT. Generally easy to get along with !

[color=#FF0000]Wives just expect us to be mind readers tho[/color]. I told her , she has to communicate with me her thoughts and wishes. I can’t automatically suss them out ![/quote]

Just marking the red flags. :unamused: :whistle: