Too hot, too sunny, too humid ... the weather sucks 2011

Taichung: November to May perfect weather almost every day much much better than in Taipei.
June to October: fricking hot&humid but at least better than Gaohsiong.

Brutally humid, and it’s been less than a week since it kicked off. Looking at the chart, humidity actually dropped to 55% this morning whilst I was in town. Suddenly it’s whacked back up to 70%+, and sweat is running off me in silent rivers.

“Time to retreat to the Hill Stations, Carruthers.”

and over here in the bay area, i have to make sure my heater is turned on at nite or else… NItetime temps of 9 to 11c

Still bearable down south (or maybe I’ve just gotten used to it, still haven’t used the ac, only fans), but I reckon in a few weeks we’re going to be roasting! :yay:

It’s time to slap on the Tropicana deep tanning lotion.

I am really, trully, boiling in my own oils today! At lunch, I asked if I could take the afternoon off because I can’t handle the heat and no one would dare think my sweaty little life worth saving with a bit of air conditioning. They said yes, but there might be a meeting I need to attend and they don’t know yet. Then, everyone else seemed to take the afternoon off anyway and never told me! I never saw a sole again after lunch.

Anyway, I don’t know the temperature, but I’mmaboutta DIE.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: It is official, folks! Housecat has the cushiest job on the island!

Ah where I can find those XXXL rose tinted glasses Tommy?

This year it took until the last week of class before the weather got really hot. I’m OK with that - usually there’s a month or so when it’s stinking hot and I’ve still got to teach.

And Taipei’s looked gorgeous these past few days. Makes you want to run outside and exercise! Then you do, and you collapse.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: It is official, folks! Housecat has the cushiest job on the island![/quote]
Well, I didn’t tell THEM I wanted off because of the heat! And I had no classes this afternoon. And it would have cost me half a day’s pay.

And no, everyone else wasn’t at the meeting that wasn’t held. In case you were wondering.

But all in all, it ain’t a bad gig. Nothing like playing a jazzy sax in super cool alligator shoes, but --you know.

Oh, you swine, the lot of you. You clicked on this post expecting some reference to drinking cold beverages of an alcoholic nature. As if I were some kind of drunkard.

No, I’m having a day off the sauce today.

Ah, f#$k it. It’s too hot for men, livestock, women, children, pets and teetotalers. I’m going to make one more post, then I’m buying me some cold ones and heading off to the family farm for some wood chopping and beer swilling.

I haven’t really felt hot yet (Growing up in tropical Natal must have steeled me. Genetic memory?). But I did realise this arvy that when I took my “cold” shower before work that the water remained lukewarm to warm the entire time. Now that’s a sure sign that the heat has arrived!

So, should I return to Taiwan I ask myself … food scare, humidity, heat, typhoons … only 13-19C during the day here … in B-land … :sunglasses:

Taiwan winter, how I long for thee… :frowning:

hard to imagine that Shakespeare chappie penning owt if he’d lived out here.

32.7 here yday. Can we top that today?

It’s so hot that I don’t even want to come outside unless I absolutely have to…

I agree, this weather sucks. Every June for the last 10 years I’ve seriously considered moving due to the cruel but usual punishment of TW summer. Good for cycle training since there’s a 3 or 4 degree temp drop for every 500m of altitude gain. That’s if you can force yourself out the door to begin with.

It was 36.2 degrees yesterday in Xindian. In my house, at 3am, it was 30 degrees. This morning, with the AC blasting 2 hours, it was also at 30 degrees.

Bought one of those aluminum things that are supposed to help keep pets cool. They like it. Should get one myself. I am seriously considering removing the friggin’ vinyl off the floor and leave it in sheer tiles -if they are underneath- to battle the heat.

We really should be producing basic sun energy. Like boiling water piper, I’m sure we could. You can already cook on the stones in the park…

I kind of like the summers here, at least some of the time.The heat can be both relaxing and exciting. But they are way too long … like the Canadian winters I prefer them to!

I don’t even want to know what the temperature is in Taidong. I’m in a concrete box of a classroom that is like a sauna. The students come here after P.E. and they’re already drenched in sweat. Then they sweat more. I sweat more. Everyone sweats more. My poor/idiot dog wants to go outside and run around because he’s that kind of dog. We don’t take him out in the middle of the day, but he complains if we don’t let him out by himself. Then he comes inside and doesn’t move for about thirty minutes. He normally hates water, but even he comes back for more now if we spray him with the hose.

One side-effect of this weather is that I barely feel like eating at all.