Too hot, too sunny, too humid ... the weather sucks 2012

walk around the house naked is what i do when its boiling hot in taiwan (not at work of course)

walk around the house naked is what I do when its boiling hot in taiwan (not at work of course)[/quote]

Don’t give them ideas. :noway:

Icon could try-out the Japanese cooling Bra’s :slight_smile:

Icon wants to put an ice pack on her back. Is that unhealthy? :ponder:

So, as you guys enjoy shorter hemlines and other summer environmental advantages, I am very amused by the sudden influx of foreign tourists and assorted summer visitors. The MRT is the ideal place to enjoy them in an inconspicuous manner. Latest finds: an Air Force guy, like 2 meters tall, complete with full muscles, shoulders wide as the MRT doors. A couple of guys, one blonde and cute as pie, other looked like a male model, chiseled chin and all. :lovestruck:

In the meantime, I am running 3 fans at the office. Sorry about my carbon footprint, but this heat is ridiculous. :blush:

What heat? It’s not bad out on the streets of Xindian today. Maybe in town it’s worse.

Indoors. Indoors is hell.

Indoors. Indoors is hell.[/quote]

I guess your place doesn’t have good air con. Mine’s nice and comfortable. Sorry to hear that. It’s awful when it’s too hot to work. Maybe put some ice in front of your fans, that’s supposed to work.

I like short shorts.

[quote=“Icon”]So, as you guys enjoy shorter hemlines and other summer environmental advantages, I am very amused by the sudden influx of foreign tourists and assorted summer visitors. The MRT is the ideal place to enjoy them in an inconspicuous manner. Latest finds: an Air Force guy, like 2 meters tall, complete with full muscles, shoulders wide as the MRT doors. A couple of guys, one blonde and cute as pie, other looked like a male model, chiseled chin and all. :lovestruck:

In the meantime, I am running 3 fans at the office. Sorry about my carbon footprint, but this heat is ridiculous. :blush:[/quote]

Icon = the female version of tommy :smiley:

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Icon”]So, as you guys enjoy shorter hemlines and other summer environmental advantages, I am very amused by the sudden influx of foreign tourists and assorted summer visitors. The MRT is the ideal place to enjoy them in an inconspicuous manner. Latest finds: an Air Force guy, like 2 meters tall, complete with full muscles, shoulders wide as the MRT doors. A couple of guys, one blonde and cute as pie, other looked like a male model, chiseled chin and all. :lovestruck:

In the meantime, I am running 3 fans at the office. Sorry about my carbon footprint, but this heat is ridiculous. :blush:[/quote]

Icon = the female version of tommy :smiley:[/quote]

I’ll take that as a compliment. :smiley:

They are probably at the computex ! You should go icon and oogle the dudes there, like i would the showgoils .

Nope, you can tell the tech guys from their kakis and cheap white shirts and unconfortable dress shoes. Pale complexions, no muscles. No fun.

So hot… my cactus died.

This is where we can enjoy one of the very few advantages of living in Linkou. The weather here has been absolutely delightful, not rising above the mid-20s, and very comfortable to move about outside even in the middle of the day. I sweat very easily, but I haven’t sweated at all while outdoors this week, even when running about with my 4-year-old daughter in the park. And I really feel the difference when I head down the hill into Taipei or Taoyuan.

This prompts me to deeply bemoan the awful waste of this precious plateau. It could have been developed into one of the most pleasant living environments in Taiwan if only it had been spared from engulfment by the worst horrors of uncontrolled industrial sprawl. Well, okay, not so pleasant in the damp, foggy and chilly winters, but much more comfortable than lower altitudes in the long dog days of summer.

38 outside in my back yard. humid as anything adn thick clouds floating above the mountains.

days like this make Canada seem good again

The dogs are comatose, lying in front of the fan. The cats lie like dead on the bed, also in front of the fan. Four fans at home. I need to buy more fans.

I hate summer, I hate the heat, I want to go somewhere cool. Does anyone know if there are cold swimming pools in Wulai?

Buy an AC. 10 fans uses enough power to run a 1.5 ton AC.

Out here, on the perimetre, in Gauyuan, we is stoned, immaculate…

No need of a fan even, open the windows & doors wide, let that West Wind float on through…

President Ma: “Heat? What heat? I hardly turn on the A/C during my 4 years at the Presidential office. You foreigners are a bunch of wuss.”