Top 10 Pirated TV shows Downloaded on the net

Ah but it’s on the Internets which makes it inherently wrong.

I met with a Sony TV exec recently to discuss this problem. Sony does overseas licensing for 24 and other shows. They are quite aware of the problem. The answer, of course, is to adjust the overseas licensing so that shows aired in international markets are not a whole season behind the home market. As for DVD sales, you will always need to offer extras to encourage purchase of these over downloads.

thank god i dont have a TV

Simpsons rock. But for those… I miss Pinky and the Brain. Ok you may now flame at will.

Some great shows…

The Wire
The Amazinr Race
Apprentice (UK and USA) -USA is better
The Office UK (haven’t seen the USA version am avoiding it)
CSI
The Shield (so I’ve heard)

[color=#CC0000]http://www.the-realworld.de/[/color]

The Simpsons is the best…

The Office (US version) is pretty good. Steve C., the star, is great.
Six Feet Under is amazing.
The Family Guy is hysterical.

Anybody else watching the A&E series “Intervention”? very intense.

OK HG, will check out The Office US
Never heard of intervention, am on it though!

I download the Lonely Planet(Globe Trekker) episodes. I like cathing them on tv but I also like buring them to cd for future reference if I ever plan a trip to one of the locations features. Ian Wright is great when he hosts the show.

…that and trailer park boys.

Shhhh… I told you to keep it secret… Now look what you’ve done…

slyck.com/news.php?story=786

"In a press release issued today, the MPAA has filed lawsuits against six (6) independent BitTorrent TV indexing sites. This move comes as little surprise, as many of the MPAA’s members also hold considerable interest in TV production as well. In addition, according to a recent survey by Envisional, TV piracy (especially on BitTorrent) as increased by 150%.

I’ve not seen many lawsuits filed in Taiwan, but just to ask, has
anyone here tried the newbin/giganews approach to downloading?

BT indexing sites are like flies - kill one and a dozen more pop up to replace it.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4545519.stm

Read the above to find out why.

Exactly, tape the show, cut out the commercials and watch it. [/quote]

Most sports channels on satellite TV do not have commercials during events. So I watch the UFC without ads…

I think if they really wanted to make a difference to all that, what they need to do is stop screwing about and get the shows out to foreign markets in a reasonable timeframe, instead of forcing everyone not in America to wait months - if they’re lucky - for these shows they’re hyping on the Internets. You can’t hype up something on a global medium like the Web and not expect people not in your original target market to start wanting the thing being hyped.

Exactly, tape the show, cut out the commercials and watch it. [/quote]

Most sports channels on satellite TV do not have commercials during events. So I watch the UFC without ads…[/quote]

I rather excersise myself than watching other people do it on TV.

I’ve been away from my Tivo so I missed the last couple episodes of BSG. So (no one looking?) I bit torrent the last couple of episodes.

d*mn good show.

Next 10 episodes of season 2 start in mid-July.

It’s called broadcasting rights… there have to be commercial agreements in place. Secondly most goverments have a control of how much “foreign” language programming they allow in their domestic markets.

This is ture, but that’s still no excuse for things like having some countries two or more seasons behind just because no-one could be bothered. That sort of shit is one of the propellants for downloading of TV shows. A few months behind, that I can understand, but how hard is it to sort all this out? Does it really take a year or more? Bullshit it does. Some shows are on in a matter of weeks in foreign markets, which proves it’s entirely possible. It’s just everyone involved on the business side being a bunch of greedy pricks.