Top Apartment Checking Tips Taiwan

And check for schools. Nothing like listening to the alarm ring at 7:30 in the morning and all day long.

I was told 34000 rent or 30,000 cash. At the time it did not make a difference and I stayed many years. It did matter when I got into a higher Tax bracket and was not gaining anything at all. I paid full taxes on earnings but I guess things will not change in Taiwan, until the Tax department check many more accounts and start asking where the money comes from.

1 Like

If your landlord is a tax evader, as most are, you can use this against them if they become unreasonable, such as when they deduct unreasonable costs from the security deposit after moving out.

Tax evasion can be reported here: https://www.ntbt.gov.tw/etwmain/front/ETW600W/WebMail/AM I helped a friend do this before for an unreasonable landlord who was made to pay 5 years worth of back taxes and fines. After submitting the form, the tax bureau will follow up asking for proof of rental, such as a copy of the lease.

5 Likes

What is this from ? Facebook ? I see cribwalk at the bottom is that a page? Cam you send a link ?

It’s a business.

Hi! CribWalk is a business aiming to help foreigners with little to no Chinese find private apartments a little easier. We take our time to search out the best apartments for our clients and we spend countless hours searching and making sure our choices are sound. We set up and negotiate meets with landlords, even those who are sometimes apprehensive about renting to a foreigner and we even offer a complimentary single follow up if needed to handle any problem after the move. We are here to serve the foreign community and make sure every foreigner can feel like they are at home. Our link is https://www.facebook.com/TaipeiApartments/

Thanks!

Do you provide services for short term rentals like for 1-3 months? Something that doesn’t require 1 or 2 months deposit?

No sorry, most of the apartments we list are minimum 1 year contracts. Occasionally we will list studios which are available for shorter term but usually the minimum is 3 months. But if you have a request we will certainly do our best to search for you and see what is available!

Hi Cribwalk! I’m looking for an small apartment in Taichung near Feng Chia University for at least 6months?