Top Phones 2020/21

Techradar has Samsung, iPhone, and Oneplus juggling the top 10.

Are OnePlus phones in any shops or available at all in Taiwan?

1 Like

Following this thread. So far, I’ve found Expansys TW that delivers OnePlus phones, are priced reasonably and seem legit.

1 Like

Interesting, OnePlus and Oppo are sister companies.

Along with Vivo. Vivo is the cheaper version (price, not quality) of Oppo, as it doesn’t advertise. So, if you like Oppo, find the near-same version in Vivo for less money. Vivo quality is excellent. The appearance of “Settings” is very near similar to Apple, so don’t have to relearn things.

1 Like

Cool, did not know that. I like my Oppo R11s Plus a lot.

Interesting. I’m looking at Oppo phones and was actually considering the R11s Plus since it seems to be a lot of phone for the money at this point. Would you say the camera auto-focuses quickly and accurately without having to futz around? I’m mainly looking for a phone because of issues with the auto-focus on a Samsung S9+, resulting in most pics being blurred.

I find I need to tap the focus point on the screen once, and I get a good focus. It’s not a camera on the level of a top-line phone, but I’ve taken a lot of good pics with it.

Got it. Thank you!

1 Like

Shopee might have it.

OnePlus 8T Cyberpunk 2077.
Is it even possible to buy in Taiwan? It’s a sweet, sweet phone.

My Huawei P20 pro has been fantastic, but took a nasty spill and now has a cracked screen. And updates seemed to have dried up or just aren’t possible in Taiwan.

I wonder if the update situation is the same with OnePlus phones in Taiwan.

1 Like

Is it Android updates for the Huawei P20?
What year (exact month) did you buy it?

Yes. It was getting Android updates all they way until Android 9. It was scheduled and got the update to 10 all over the world except Taiwan.

Hmmm. My China brand phone bought in Taiwan over 2 years ago got (or at least now has) Android 10.

Yeah I’m both puzzled and disappointed.

This report 11 months ago, with “expected” releases of it by brand.
My brand appeared on the list.
However, another website said your model in Canada was updated.
So, strange indeed.

What year did you buy yours?

The end of 2018

Crap, I just cracked my iPhone X screen. Did anyone get the new iPhone 12 or 12 pro?

Some may think you did it on purpose… :wink:

2 Likes

I did. It’s awesome.

1 Like

S 20+ 5G

After using 3 cheap Samsung phones, I finally went with a flagship phone. Zero regrets, I believe I made the jump at the right time. I’m at a point where I read almost all my news on my phone now (news junkie). 6.7 screen is a dream.

My phone is my internet. Obviously there’s no real 5g yet, but 4g+ (lte) is a wonderful upgrade. I’m using the 711 ibon nt899 pay as you go option which gives 60gig before throttling to 5mps. I never noticed the difference when streaming or playing games - pc games when tethered to the phone, cs and tf2.

oh, forget the Samsung store price, check pc home price then go to a local shop, they’ll match that price. usually 10k lower than Samsung.

1 Like