Buenos Aires–Evita
One–Chorus Line
I Sing the Body Electric–Fame
Time Warp–Rocky Horror Picture Show
Summertime–Porgy and Bess
I am A Man Of Constant Sorrow–O’ Brother Where Art Thou
Too Darn Hot–Kiss Me Kate
Ol’ Man River–Show Boat[/quote]

Its Good Friday and you didn’t list anything from Jesus Christ Superstar :astonished:

Ok, I’ll bite. Yes, what a flaming fairy am I.

Some additions for your list:

Rhythm of Life, Sweet Charity
Big Spender, Sweet Charity
Seasons of Love, Rent
All that Jazz/Cellblock Tango, Chicago
One Night in Bangkok, Chess
Into the Woods, Into the Woods
Maria/Tonight, West Side Story
I Could Have Danced All Night/On the Street Where You Live, My Fair Lady
Last Night of the World, Miss Saigon
(anything), Jesus Christ Superstar

I swear I didn’t see Tigerman’s Jesus Christ Superstar comment until after I posted (took me a while to think about that list…) :smiley:

Finally a music thread I can participate in - although of course I have to bitch - TEN??? Are you insane??? :smiley: Ask me tomorrow and they’ll be different. I’ve also restricted myself to one per musical, which was difficult enough in itself :slight_smile:

Stage Musicals

One Day More - Les Miserables
Gethsemane - Jesus Christ Superstar
Another National Anthem - Assassins
A Little Priest - Sweeney Todd
Finishing the Hat - Sunday in the Park with George
Journey On - Ragtime
I’m Going Home - Rocky Horror Show
What You Own - Rent
Everybody Says Don’t - Anyone Can Whistle
Getting Married Today - Company
Agony - Into the Woods
Why God Why? - Miss Saigon

Yes, I know, that’s twelve! I also desperately wanted to nominate something from The Producers and March of the Falsettos but they’re more overall experiences than singular songs.

Movie Musicals

La Resistance - South Park - Bigger, Longer, Uncut

Songs that became show tunes

Tenterfield Saddler - (Peter Allen) - Boy From Oz
Amsterdam - (Jacques Brel) - Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris

And Good Friday played no part in my choice, either - JCS is just one hell of a musical. So to speak… :slight_smile:

How bout Godspell–Day by Day.

JCS not one of my all time faves. Too many creepy theatre geeks and SCA type bow wows I knew in my youth, ruined it for me.

Hey, what did we ever do to you? Daaaaahling… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, what did we ever do to you? Daaaaahling… :p[/quote]

:wink:
I guess there are some people who for some reason get so ‘stuck in’ to things that they become a cliche after a while. :wink: :slight_smile:
I’d say the same thing about the Grateful Dead if I didn’t think TM would blow a gasket and take it “personally”!
:laughing:

Cole Porter da man!

You’re probably safe there. I’m pretty used to that, and some of it is true… :blush:

How many times in real life do a bunch of people suddenely break out into song with an orchestra and start dancing around the office ? It’s not very realistic :saywhat:

In a hurry and off the top of my head, with the right to go back and add revisions later:

1 Seventy-Six Trombones

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How many times in real life do a bunch of people suddenely break out into song with an orchestra and start dancing around the office ? It’s not very realistic :saywhat:

[/quote]

I guess you never lived my life, Fluffy…(I was in theatre for 10 years before “reforming” and have now been clean for over 10)

Sounds like it’s time to get a bunch of Forumosans who like REAL music (which, as will be obvious to all, means primarily Sondheim) together in a room with a piano and just let loose…

Who’s up for it?? I used to know pretty much the whole MT repertoire but time has undoubtedly eroded my memory… :astonished:

[quote=“ironlady”]I guess you never lived my life, Fluffy[/quote]I guess not, Could you sing a song about it for me please.

Not a show tune, but I’ve always loved Audrey Hepburn singing “Moon River” in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”

Took the words out of my mouth there.
I also love “I Loves You Porgy”
And “Memories” from some musical, can’t remember which one.
And “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers”
And “Send in the Clowns”
(Are those last tow show tunes?)
And “Feed Me Seymour” off the Little Shop of Horrors remake.

Hey, what did we ever do to you? Daaaaahling… :p[/quote]

:wink:
I guess there are some people who for some reason get so ‘stuck in’ to things that they become a cliche after a while. :wink: :slight_smile:[/quote]

:slight_smile: - in my theatre geek defense, I have to say I was only 19 or so when a bunch of us decided we’d try to sing the entirety of Les Miserables from memory. And indeed, we succeeded. I’m almost normal now. But maybe I can still do it! Listen…

Hey, where’d everyone go???

Hence the ‘sung-through’ musical, where the whole work is sung - 'cause that’s so much more realistic, you understand :wink:

Thinking, thinking… blank. What’s MT??? Mother Theresa? Does he sing? :laughing: All hail Sondheim!

Oh gawd how I hate musical theatre. I love to sing. Can’t. I love the theatre. Tried. I saw Chorus Line, Paint My Wagon, Pajama Game, Showboat and maybe a few others. I hate musical theatre.

If I was to direct a piece of MT, it would be Clockwork Orange, The Musical.
(It’s been done)

I think Scooter got my fav, and scratch any Forumosan even slightly and they’ll all agree, Murray Head’s One Night In Bangkok from Chess is the top choice for each and every one of us.

One not mentioned yet, I think worthy of this list:

Why Can’t a Woman Be More Like a Man.

oh and erm, Fluff…I break into song around the office near everyday, that and/or a little grande jete off the stairs…and as I said, I can’t sing, too fat to fly, and, well, ballet in a Taiwanese office by a 42 yr old hockey toughened xiao-jie killer like meself…let’s just say comedy is my forte…I am a single threat…to be funny.

MT = Musical Theatre…at least that’s what I think.

MT = Musical Theatre…at least that’s what I think.[/quote]

I finally did get it too - but I see it’s too late to hide my ignorance through crafty editing :slight_smile: