Topic font-size problem? [FIXED]

I just re-set my screan resolution because when I click a thread, suddenly everything in the thread is HUGE! It wasn’t my problem, however. The list of new or active posts is normal sized, but when I click on a thread and open the thread, all the posts, and everything else on the page, are huge.

Ditto. This is ugly.

yup i keep getting the same thing. seems fine when writing this, just when i read a thread

Ah, finally, a font large enough for us old geezers to read without eyestrain! :laughing:

(Seriously, though – in the meantime instead of resetting your screen resolution, try scrolling your mouse wheel while holding Ctrl down.)

frames and resolution back, but the post I just made here did not show up.

no, resolution not back after all. I’m going to just give up feeding back.

The font-size problem should be ok now. Thanks for the feedback, housecat.

I removed the announcement at the top of the forums, and for some reason, that messed up the font sizing on the topic pages. I wouldn’t’ve caught that til later in the day if now for your thread - it was not affecting other types of pages on the forums! :thumbsup:

The font-size problem should be ok now. Thanks for the feedback, housecat.

I removed the announcement at the top of the forums, and for some reason, that messed up the font sizing on the topic pages. I wouldn’t’ve caught that til later in the day if now for your thread - it was not affecting other types of pages on the forums! :thumbsup:[/quote]

:sunglasses: Natch.

Actually, I’m still getting this problem, Gus, but only on the “New” posts page (search.php?search_id=newposts).

I have been getting this problem on and off since before the upgrade, btw. Refreshing the page fixes it, though sometimes I have to do that a couple of times.

[col][quote=“irishstu”]Actually, I’m still getting this problem, Gus, but only on the “New” posts page (http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/search.php?search_id=newposts).

I have been getting this problem on and off since before the upgrade, btw. Refreshing the page fixes it, though sometimes I have to do that a couple of times.[/quote]

Is this exactly the same problem: where most of the text and links are enlarged?|For those who are interested, this is a CSS issue. To make the forum wide announcement above, I inserted a simple HTML TABLE with some CSS styling embedded in the tags. When I removed the entire table this morning, the viewtopic pages had this problem.

OK, exactly how does that make any sense?

My solution didn’t make any sense either: I reinstalled the back up of that file (which still had the announcement table) and removed parts of it little by little: first the text, then I uploaded the file, then the TD tags, and upload, then the TABLE and upload. After each upload, I checked a viewtopic page to ensure the font size was OK.

In short, I simply did the same thing I originally did - I removed the table. I didn’t use any “CSS solution” to fix this “font-size” problem. I didn’t do ANYTHING except remove the table tags, which is what I did the first time around except I did it all in one swoop.

Maybe it was the software I was using. I am not using my normal PC - which is in for servicing after it stopped booting up two weeks ago. To make the switch, I downloaded a fresh install of Filezilla and used Notepad in Windows XP to make the change. In other words, none of the tools I used should have affected the font-size problem either - whether by wrong encoding or incorrect file formating

In summary, please do report again the next few times the NEW posts page acts up. I do not normally use it, and judging from the structure of the URL, it is the same “kind” of page as the Active Topics page, which I do use a lot

Also, if you are pls do post what configuration you are using if you are not using Windows and IE/FF/Chrome

I am sorry I cannot help resolve this problem right now[/col]

Hey Gus, I’m on Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP with a screen resolution of 1024x768.

I may be totally off on this, but it occurred to me that text encoding might be playing a part (like I said, I may be totally off on that - just a thought).

Just to remind you, this only affects me on that one page (although I don’t use the Active Topics link), it’s intermittent, and finally, I’ve had this problem since before the upgrade.

As for the actual issue, I’ll post a screen grab next time it happens.

I do not know why the problem isn’t consistent, that is, why doesn’t it always occur every time you use the New posts link

Here is the encoding we are using [code]

[/code]

My understanding of this is pretty weak. I believe we want to use UTF-8 to accomodate double-byte characters (like Big5 and GB Chinese characters).

Here’s the actual issue. Top of image is what it should be, bottom is what it’s like when the fonts are too big. It doesn’t seem to affect ALL the text.

Thanks for this. It doesn’t affect the text which has specific CSS tags with font-sizing set. I have no answer right now. Cheers for reporting it - if I do make any changes that might help it, I’ll post here again

I’ve recently been having a LOT of the font size problems again, only ever on the “New” page (though I never use “Active Topics” or “Own”, so please don’t compare the coding to those pages).

I never, ever, EVER have this same problem with any site outside of Forumosa (or any page outside of “New”).

Is nobody else having this problem? It’s extremely annoying.

Does the problem occur with prosilver, too?

Let me test it and get back to you.

Well, four hours later and not a single problem in Prosilver so far.

but i did catch Gus posting in two columns in the previous page. one for quote box, and one for the rest of his stuff. Weird.

Prosilver, Firefox latest 3.6.2, MacOSX 10.5.8, 1440 pixels wide.