Tornado in Tainan

news.chinatimes.com/society/1105 … 00130.html

happened at around 6pm yesterday in Xue-Jia (Ha̍k-kah),

Here in Jhushan the winds were kind of wild and I thought of a tornado but dismissed it, my chic said it was feeling like a typhoon but there was nothing on the weather website just severe rains for Tainan.

be careful out there. I remember tornados used to be limited to the water variety on the open sea around Taiwan, but lately it seems to happen more frequently on land.

Tornados are rare in Taiwan but it has happened before, a few times, IIRC.

Well there’s another thing to keep an eye on, I was in Dallas last year during the Tornadoes right before we came to Taiwan, we even saw a few swirls on top of the apartment complex but they didn’t touch down. We even pile up the living room furniture just in case and she promise none of that would happen here, we gonna a have a talk tonite :fume: .

[quote=“TexMex”]Well there’s another thing to keep an eye on, I was in Dallas last year during the Tornadoes right before we came to Taiwan, we even saw a few swirls on top of the apartment complex but they didn’t touch down. We even pile up the living room furniture just in case and she promise none of that would happen here, we gonna a have a talk tonite :fume: .
[/quote]

:laughing: well, it didn’t used to happen here… but I guess things aren’t how they used to be.

having lived in Texas, I’ve only seen just 1 tornado. thank goodness it was nowhere close to me.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“TexMex”]Well there’s another thing to keep an eye on, I was in Dallas last year during the Tornadoes right before we came to Taiwan, we even saw a few swirls on top of the apartment complex but they didn’t touch down. We even pile up the living room furniture just in case and she promise none of that would happen here, we gonna a have a talk tonite :fume: .
[/quote]

:laughing: well, it didn’t used to happen here… but I guess things aren’t how they used to be.

having lived in Texas, I’ve only seen just 1 tornado. thank goodness it was nowhere close to me.[/quote]

Well yeah me neither just last year, the prior 10 years where just scares.

Its not common in Taiwan.