Tortured Dallas Dog Loses Battle for Life - Man in Custody

A 10-month-old puppy named Mercy was found in Dallas suffering from horrendous injuries that would indicate she had been tortured. Among other things, she had been doused with gasoline and set on fire. Despite the best efforts of her rescuers and veterinary staff, she lost her battle to live a week ago Sunday. A 21-year-old Dallas man is in custody and being charged with animal torture, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

http://www.operationkindness.org/AnimalSponsor/ForMercy.htm

(The site has one photo of a badly injured dog, and several sad and moving other pictures.)

If you believe the man responsible for torturing Mercy deserves the maximum sentence for his crime, please sign the petition

At the very least, it will serve as an example that such cruelty to our fellow beings will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

Even though it made me say I was signing from China, I was happy to sign.

Signed.

Sigh… :frowning:

Although it should be obvious, this is not just a case of a tortured dog, tragic though that may be. The guy who did it is likely the victim of abuse himself and will likely commit violence against other humans.

[quote]Infamous serial killers such as Jeffrey Dahmer, David Berkowitz “son of Sam”, Albert Desalve “The Boston Strangler” and many more, have rich histories of animal abuse in their past. Animal Cruelty is now included in a triad of symptoms the FBI uses to detect potentially violent criminals. . .

In a 1983 study, 88% of families where physical abuse occurred, animals in that home were also abused. In about two thirds of the cases, the abusive parent had killed or injured the animals to discipline a child.

A 1988 study of twenty eight rapist-murderers found that 36 percent had engaged in acts of animal cruelty in childhood, and 46 percent during adolescence.

In a study of prison inmates, 48 percent of the rapists and 30 percent of the child molesters admitted to having been cruel to animals.

Animal abuse is present in nearly 90 percent of the pet owning homes where there is physical abuse of children.[/quote]
admiralsantiques.com/animal_ … illers.htm

The above link describes numerous infamous serial killers and other nutcases and how they also tortured and killed animals.

A double celebration then if he gets taken out of the loop for a long time. Worth remembering too that more money than I will earn in a lifetime will be spent on “rehabilitating” this human trash.

I’m gonna side with MT on this. This guy needs counselling and some time away from people. No one in their right mind does this. :frowning:

edit: And the main reasoning is that he is a kid. A 21 year old immature and seriously begging for help kid.

He’ll get plenty of “counselling” when he’s inside playing Bubba’s Bitch. :s

[quote]This guy needs counselling and some time away from people. No one in their right mind does this.
edit: And the main reasoning is that he is a kid. A 21 year old immature and seriously begging for help kid.[/quote]
Where does it say he’s begging for help? He’s probably just a sadistic psychotic thug. I think he needs more than a “time out” and a hug.
I hope he spends a long time in prison. Counselling? Fine. Whatever. In jail. Or a looney bin.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]This guy needs counselling and some time away from people. No one in their right mind does this.
edit: And the main reasoning is that he is a kid. A 21 year old immature and seriously begging for help kid.[/quote]
Where does it say he’s begging for help? He’s probably just a sadistic psychotic thug. I think he needs more than a “time out” and a hug.
I hope he spends a long time in prison. Counselling? Fine. Whatever. In jail. Or a looney bin.[/quote]

That would be my choice.

The fact that he sets a dog on fire says to me that he wants help. Otherwise why didn’t he just kill a person.

I’m hardly a bleeding heart who recommends a hug and a time out.

I don’t know? There wasn’t anyone around at the time? He’s a lily-livered pussy that doesn’t have the balls to take on a human?
And I don’t really care. He fucked up big time, he’s an adult, and I surely hope he stays in jail for a long time.

I’ll sign when they fix their website. Here’s what I wrote:

[quote]Dear Sir/Madam,

I was hoping to sign a petition earlier today (against animal cruelty) but I was unable to do so in good conscience, as my country of residence is listed on your website as “Taiwan, Province of China”. While I’m sure Beijing would be happy to see this, it flies in the face of reality. Taiwan is a free, democratic, independent country, with absolutely no political or diplomatic ties to mainland China. The correct appellation should read “Taiwan R.O.C.”, or simply, “Taiwan”. Thank you for your attention in this small but important matter.

Best Regards,

Anthony van Dyck[/quote]

Their e-mail address is petitions@earth.care2.com

I’ll sign when they fix their website. Here’s what I wrote:

[quote]Dear Sir/Madam,

I was hoping to sign a petition earlier today (against animal cruelty) but I was unable to do so in good conscience, as my country of residence is listed on your website as “Taiwan, Province of China”. While I’m sure Beijing would be happy to see this, it flies in the face of reality. Taiwan is a free, democratic, independent country, with absolutely no political or diplomatic ties to mainland China. The correct appellation should read “Taiwan R.O.C.”, or simply, “Taiwan”. Thank you for your attention in this small but important matter.

Best Regards,

Anthony van Dyck[/quote]

Their e-mail address is petitions@earth.care2.com[/quote]

I think we should start a petition…

That’s hilarious - go on and do it!