Tosa Inu breeder in Taiwan

I read that Taiwan has a history of breeding the Japanese fighting dog Tosa Inu. I really would like to get one before going back to Australia. Does anyone know of any breeders?

Sigh. Again. Sure, there are “breeders” here. In the loosest possible sense.
There are NO recognized breeders of any types of dog here, though, and for good reason – they’re completely unscrupulous and an animal you buy from them will have absolutely NO guarantee of being free from hereditary complaints, although you can be very sure you’ll pay just as much here as you would in Australia, where at least you’d be getting a properly, responsibly bred animal.
Buy your dog in Oz.
Also, they’re fighting dogs, so any you can get here are bred as such. You want to support indiscriminate breeding of dogs for the dogfighting business? You want to keep such an animal in your home? Would you even be allowed to in Australia?
If you DO happen to find a breeder here willing to entertain you, be very careful – the people involved in pro-dogfighting here tend to be very very far from being models of society.

Yeah, you better rethink your wish …

[quote]The Tosa is one of 11 breeds of dog recently banned by the Dublin City Council from their properties, including council houses, flats and estates[3].

The New Zealand government banned the import of Tosas claiming that they are dogs specifically bred for fighting. It was to be a step towards combating the increasing number of dog attacks on humans, especially children.[/quote]

Here’s the link …

As far as I know, Tosa Inus are very gentle and even suitable for families.

If that’s the type of dog you like, there are hundreds of dogs of all sorts you could adopt from shelters around Taiwan.

If you want a dog for the sick purpose of dog-fighting, I hope your dog will bite you in your sorry nut sack some day.

I asked a pretty simple question. Too many people on here live on the moral high ground and like to throw accusations. No, I do not want to fight the dog. I like the look of the breed, plus it’s general character. About it being illegal to import. I thought it was mainly Terrier breeds they had a problem with. I will look into that more. How would they check though. I am pretty sure I could claim a pup to be a Rhodesian Ridgeback cross Labrador or something, and they wouldnt be able to distinguish whether it was or not.
As far as why I would want to get from here. I figured Taiwan has a history of the Tosa being brought here to be breed by the Japanese. I figured I would have more of a chance to find a good blood line.

You all may go back to you F%$#ing snooty thrown’s now.

Where’s the snootiness? You asked a question, you got answers. Just because you don’t happen to like them doesn’t make them “snooty.”
Go find some crook and buy a fucking dog off him – I basically don’t give a shit whether you get ripped off or not and I don’t give a fucking toss whether the dog gets taken off you and destroyed at customs.
You asked a fucking question and you got a fucking straight answer.

some of the accusations thrown at me after asking if there are breeders in Taiwan.

You want to support indiscriminate breeding of dogs for the dogfighting business?

If you want a dog for the sick purpose of dog-fighting, I hope your dog will bite you in your sorry nut sack some day.

[quote=“Ozzy”]You want to support indiscriminate breeding of dogs for the dogfighting business?

[/quote]
See that little squiggly thing at the end? That’s called “a question mark.” You can look it up if you don’t believe me. They’re quite commonly used when people ask a question, which is not the same as making an accusation.
Jesus christ. Defensive much?

Look this up, too, if you want to find out why this statement is not an accusation, either.
Isn’t English a wonderful language? You should try it sometime.

Are you an idiot ?
Question marked so it is not an accusation just a question.

If you want to be an idiot there is nothing I can do about it.

[quote=“Ozzy”]Are you an idiot ?
Question marked so it is not an accusation just a question.

If you want to be an idiot there is nothing I can do about it.[/quote]
Correct on both counts. You learn quickly.

If you don’t want a dog for the sick purpose of dog-fighting, I hope your dog will be a good companion and you will have a lot of fun together.

You like the look of the breed and its general character, great. I personally think purebreds have too many issues for me to consider one for myself. When I was young we had a German shepherd that went nuts one day randomly attacking strangers, then we had a Berner Sennenhund who behaved very strangely most of the time. Both were purebreds from respected breeders. Now, since respected dog breeders are indeed a rare species in Taiwan (according to those in the know), I wouldn’t even consider taking my chances to find a rare dog species on this island.

[quote=“hannes”]If you don’t want a dog for the sick purpose of dog-fighting, I hope your dog will be a good companion and you will have a lot of fun together.

You like the look of the breed and its general character, great. I personally think purebreds have too many issues for me to consider one for myself. When I was young we had a German shepherd that went nuts one day randomly attacking strangers, then we had a Berner Sennenhund who behaved very strangely most of the time. Both were purebreds from respected breeders. Now, since respected dog breeders are indeed a rare species in Taiwan (according to those in the know), I wouldn’t even consider taking my chances to find a rare dog species on this island.[/quote]

Fair enough. I have no knowledge of the dog breeding scene here. I guess getting a dog from a breeder here is not such a good idea. As far as Pure breds go. I have always owned mixed breeds. But in my opinion its the way you raise them. I have had a lot of dogs since a child and never had one bite or that had any aggressiveness to people at all.

In my experience, more often than not people will end up adopting a dog who is very different in look at least to what they had in mind. We’ve seen on Forumosa several times people wanting to buy a specific breed of dog or cat only to soon fall for a rescued stray who totally won them over with their character.

Also, any kind of dog will become a problem for you if you don’t completely understand how to treat and train him or her; dogs such as Tosa Inus, rottweillers, pit-bulls, etc., are just as capable of being loyal, laid-back, calm family pets as any of the other breeds or non-breeds. But these dogs do have the capacity to a hell of a lot more harm if they are trained or treated the wrong way. Like a gun, they are harmless but have the potential to do a hell of a lot of damage if not handled with due care and attention or if in the wrong hands. A poor guy in Bangkok just lost his 2-year-old child after he was mauled to death by the trained rottweillers he had recently bought to protect his property.

I would strongly suggest you giving some serious thought to whether you have the time and skills to keep a potentially dangerous dog under control, adequately exercised, and in a healthy state of mind. If not, get a cat.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]In my experience, more often than not people will end up adopting a dog who is very different in look at least to what they had in mind. We’ve seen on Forumosa several times people wanting to buy a specific breed of dog or cat only to soon fall for a rescued stray who totally won them over with their character.

Also, any kind of dog will become a problem for you if you don’t completely understand how to treat and train him or her; dogs such as Tosa Inus, rottweillers, pit-bulls, etc., are just as capable of being loyal, laid-back, calm family pets as any of the other breeds or non-breeds. But these dogs do have the capacity to a hell of a lot more harm if they are trained or treated the wrong way. Like a gun, they are harmless but have the potential to do a hell of a lot of damage if not handled with due care and attention or if in the wrong hands. A poor guy in Bangkok just lost his 2-year-old child after he was mauled to death by the trained rottweillers he had recently bought to protect his property.

I would strongly suggest you giving some serious thought to whether you have the time and skills to keep a potentially dangerous dog under control, adequately exercised, and in a healthy state of mind. If not, get a cat.[/quote]

I spent a majority of my life growing up on a greyhound breeding and training farm. Helping to train thousands of dogs. And that is one of the very reasons I am against animal cruelty as I saw things and did things as a child most would not believe. But I learned a lot about animal control.
I have owned numerous large breed dogs and have trained them all and entered some in competition.

So where most of these, they “wouldn’t hurt a fly” either:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 212432.stm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 546553.stm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 256842.stm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 058086.stm
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl … 958369.stm

No poodles or dachshunds mentioned in those… hmm…

journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs … /806170302
The baby suffered “substantial damage” to his genitals while he lay in bed with his mother from an attack by the family’s 6-month-old Cairn terrier and poodle mix, police said.

kdka.com/pets/poodle.attack.Faye … 80254.html
Timothy and Jennifer Kitchen say in a lawsuit filed yesterday in Uniontown that the ten- to 15-inch tall poodle belonged to their former Fayette County neighbor, the late Janet Williams.

I guess all dogs are evil. even poodles

Poodles are EVIL … no doubt about that

like Sean said, they “are just as capable of being loyal, laid-back, calm family pets as any of the other breeds or non-breeds. But these dogs do have the capacity to a hell of a lot more harm if they are trained or treated the wrong way”

Now, could you train a poodle to be a vicious fighter?
Could you hurt someone with a sponge?

To be honest, if I had little kids at home, I wouldn’t want to have a fighting dog around, either.

[quote=“hannes”]like Sean said, they “are just as capable of being loyal, laid-back, calm family pets as any of the other breeds or non-breeds. But these dogs do have the capacity to a hell of a lot more harm if they are trained or treated the wrong way”

Now, could you train a poodle to be a vicious fighter?
Could you hurt someone with a sponge?

To be honest, if I had little kids at home, I wouldn’t want to have a fighting dog around, either.[/quote]

I could train a poodle to attack small children or babies no problem ( not that I would )
I could kill someone with a sponge if I shoved it down their throat.

Larger breeds obviously can do more damage and terrier breeds have a temperaments that makes them more susceptible to being aggressive if put in that environment. So unless people want to destroy all large breeds or terriers it is a pointless argument.