Touch Rugby

The Taipei Rugby Union is backing a Touch Rugby Competition due to start on TUESDAY NIGHT, September 23 and to run for 8 weeks. There is a development website (a wiki!) if you wish for more information and an entry form. Or you can email me directly on:
grantjohndexter@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Anybody looking to put a team together? I’m new here and don’t know enough people to make a team. You can message me here or email [color=#000080]bcpuron@gmail.com [/color]

Thanks

There are a few other people wandering around without teams. Their biggest problem seems to be getting enough girls who want to play. I will put together all the contacts I have and send out an email later tonight. And if you cannot find a team there are 4 or 5 others that I’m sure you can join.

Cheers.
Grant.

[quote=“Cricket”]There are a few other people wandering around without teams. Their biggest problem seems to be getting enough girls who want to play. I will put together all the contacts I have and send out an email later tonight. And if you cannot find a team there are 4 or 5 others that I’m sure you can join.

Cheers.
Grant.[/quote]

i’m available for any team needing players or for a forumosa scratch team…

Here are the entry details. I’ve had some awesome, and totally unexpected, help with translation. Please use this text to promote the competition (and your teams) as you see fit.

Thanks.
Grant.

Taipei Autumn Touch Competition.
台北秋季改良式橄欖球(Touch)比賽
The Competition starts on Tuesday September 23. The first game is at 8:30PM and the final is on Tuesday, November 11 at 9:00PM. All games are to be held at the Bailing Fields near the Jian Tan MRT station in ShiLin. The total entry fee per team is $NT12,000. The sign-on fee for any sponsors is $NT8,000.
第一場比賽將於9月23日星期二晚上八點半開打,決賽將於11月11 日星期二晚上九點舉行。所有比賽都在士林區劍潭捷運站附近、百齡橋邊的百齡河濱體育公園的橄欖球場進行。每支隊伍的參加費用為$12,000。贊助廠商之費用為$8,000。

Please fill out the entry form and submit it with the entry fee.
填妥報名表並繳交參加費用。

Details:
Venue: Bailing Sports Park.
Dates: Tuesday evenings, September 23 & 30, Oct 7, 14, 21 & 28, Nov 4 & 11
Time: 8:30pm – 9:30pm.
比賽細節:
地點:士林百齡橋邊的百齡河濱體育公園的橄欖球場。
比賽日期:星期二晚上-- 9月23 & 30日;10月7, 14, 21 & 28日;11月4 & 11日。
時間:晚上八點半 – 九點半。

Structure of competition:
Round Robin Competition: Eight teams in round robin format for seven weeks.
Final: Semi finals and final for the top four teams on November 11.
競爭結構:
單循環比賽:八支隊伍連打長達七個星期的初賽。
決賽:11月11日為前四強之準決賽和決賽。

Pre-Competition:
Officials: Hire and train four referees. These four and two field administrators are required for the extent of the competition.
Team Registration: Entry forms can be printed out here. Entry fees are $NT12,000 per team (about $150 per player per game). If your team has a sponsor then the entry fee is $NT20, 000.
Team Requirements:A team needs a minimum of eight players and a maximum of 14. It must also have a minimum of four female players. No player can be registered in more than one team. Each team needs to be kitted out with matching uniforms. The shirts need to be individually numbered in large, clear font on the back of the shirt. No long pants are permitted. No rugby boots with screw in metal or plastic studs.
賽前準備事項:
行政人員:主辦單位將聘用及訓練四位裁判。此四位裁判與二位球場管理員將負責執行比賽期間所有賽事。

球隊註冊:報名表格可以從這裡點選列印。每支隊伍的參加費用是$12,000 (每場比賽每位球員的費用大約為$150)。如果您的隊伍有贊助場商時,參加費用則為$20,000。

參賽隊伍之要求:每支隊伍需要至少八位,但最多不可超過十四位球員。每支隊伍至少要有四位女性球員。每位球員不可以登記超過一個隊伍以上。每支隊伍必須穿著自己的球隊制服。每支球隊制服背後必須有大型的、清楚的球員編號字體以利辨識。禁止穿著長的球褲與任何運動用釘鞋。