Tour de France '18

F1 is actually quite interesting this season. Seb Vettel can definitely win, if he can hold his nerves.

1 Like

That was pretty interesting, could the downfall of Sky be team politics? Thomas is saying all the right things, but man he looks really strong and Froome looks just a bit tired to me…Giro effects? Imagine being in his position, about a minute and a half up, possibly in the best shape of your life…it must be very very difficult to think about working for/conceding to someone else.

Shame about Nibali…amazing ride back (almost) to the group with a broken back.

I think it all comes down to the time trial. If Thomas can limit his losses to Froome no one will begrudge him going for the win overall. This is his one chance to win a grand tour, he’d be churlish to stand aside. I, for one, look forward to seeing him reach up and wrenching his earpiece out whilst dodgy Dave screams “Wait for Froomy, wait for Froomy”. Which is what Froome himself should have done all those years ago when Wiggo was cracking and Sean Yates was having himself a fit.

I am no cyclist expert but why Sky would ask Thomas to slow down and let Froome win? For what purpose? Everyone can see Thomas is a strong as Froome right now, in such a situation Sky should just let the better man win, right?
In Formula 1 both pilots would aim at the title.

Froomie boy did it for that sideburn-y teammate years ago, right?

It’s a good question with many answers. Froome has four TDFs, he needs one more to ascend to the highest pantheon? In the end the call is made by the DS but G can ignore him. However ignore your GS and you better have a team lined up for next season. The longer he holds on to yellow though the more he can claim he’s the rightful owner of it.

The one caveat though is the stage 20 ITT. Whoever is in yellow needs a buffer over Dumoulin.

1 Like

He did, which is why he’s in dodgy Dave’s ear right now, “but dave, dave, I waited for Wiggo that one time so next time G wants to hit off the front you tell him to wait up right, Dave?”

Surprise of the Tour thus far: Sagan and wife separating. What timing, honestly.

No inhaler! Forgot at the hotel.

Nah, team car has about 100. Dodgy Dave carries every borderline drug imaginable.

“incremental gains”

froome

1 Like

Wiggins was just hauled over the coals about PEDs on the ITV4 commentary. He came across very impressively.

Not much happening with the GC front, but a great ride by Rogic brings him into the frame for overall honours. Such a young rider so quite unknown how he will go. G still expected lose time to Froome and Dumoulin over the Pyrenees but looking strong still.

Sky is down a rider after Moscon got kicked out of the Tour for being a :banana:, don’t know how this will impact the race overall?

Just heard that based on previous ITT performances, it is estimated that Dumoulin is expected to take 31s from Froome, 47s from G. Not enough with the current time difference, just something to keep in mind.

According to bookmakers odds, Thomas is now favorite, 2.10, Froome’s odds: 2.70 with Dumoulin still with a slim chance (9.50).

I can’t see G losing. He looks too fresh.

Moscon’s an idiot. Sky will boot him for sure, too much of a liability.

Good signs for G:

Only knock (but a big one) is that he’s unproven over a 3 week grand tour.

Landa with fighting words, so hopefully there’s going to be some fireworks. I expect nothing from Quintana at all though out on the roads.

Believe it when I see it. It’s so depressing watching Q and other riders (Adam Yates, and every French climber ever) attack on the 2nd to last climb of the day and then be spat out the back once the Skytrain puts the hurt on.

Yeah I agree, but one can only hope. Better than excitement through crashes!

I fully expect to see some French prick take out the F-dog. Stage 18 has ridiculously narrow roads and, if they haven’t paved the final climb, gravel. Expect to see him doing his Forest Gump impression again.