Tour de Lance 2012

Incidentally, HH, we had discussion about sportsmanship a few years ago, when I started this thread about how the lamest thing about hockey is all the fights.

As I explained then, I’ve got nothing against violent sports, but it seems to me hockey could celebrate the players’ skills at skating well and passing, blocking, shooting, etc (or whatever) and the fights seem almost like cheating – using brute force and breaking the rules to interfere with those trying to win within the rules. I admit that I don’t know much at all about hockey but that’s my gut feeling. I feel that way because I DO feel that cheating is the sleazy, dishonest loser’s way. Real champions win by hard work and skill and defeating their opponents fairly, honestly, within the rules.

Same goes for dopers in sport. Even if 90% of them are doing it, if it’s illegal it’s cheating, it’s wrong, and the wins shouldn’t count. Same for baseball, weightlifting, etc. And, I also think it’s wrong to sign a contract, take someone’s money, then intentionally break the contract and refuse to pay the money just because you don’t want to crimp your lifestyle by having to honor your word. That’s also sleazy, dishonest and wrong. No discrepancy.