Tourist spot: just asking!

anyone here can share nice tourist spot in Taiwan? And hotels? My groups here is planning to have a vacation and business travel next month. :sunglasses:

Sanchong in Taipei County is very nice; highly underrated!
Mailiao in Chiayi County is another must see. As with Sanchong, it combines a richness of Taiwanese culture with scenic beauty.

If you are based in Taipei:

The first thing I would do is go to the top of Taipei 101.

Next thing would be trip to the north coast (Yeliu).

If you have more time, go to Taroko Gorge.

That gives you a nice idea of what Taiwan has to offer. City, coast, mountains.

Is there such a thing :laughing:
I’d try down south, Kenting, but it’s a bit of a trek, as these days you have to take the high-speed rail and then there’s still a couple of hours on a bus before you get there.
I guess it depends on what you’re after and I’m sure there are a lot more qualified people to answer your question than me.

TAroko gorge. The drive along the north east coast/east coast down there is great. The drive across taiwan from there to sun moon lake /alishan is great too. Kenting is great !!

Or you could even train around the island. sTop over in Taroko REgent hotel and then taitung chipen royal hotel. And of course Caesars park at kenting and/or the howard next door?

that ultra expensive hotel at sun moon lake is supposed to be nice, forgot the name

500 dollars a nite American

If you are going to make one trip in Taiwan, go to Taroko Gorge.

Only if you’re stuck in taiwan and really need to have some beach exposure, and you can’t fly to any of a million better beaches, then, yes, Kending is great. If you’re an inbound tourist, don’t base a holiday around Kending.

Taroko gorge, on the other hand, is a definite must. Absolutely world class. even if you don’t get ,ore than halfway up, it’s great. if the weather is good and the visibility is long, though, try to drive all the way up and maybe even to Hehuanshan. The mountains in Taiwan, with their changing vegetation from tropical to temperate to alpine forest as you get higher, and the steep terrain and rugged valleys and ridges, are the best that Taiwan has to offer.

Almas John’s suggested itinerary would be greatly improved if you started off in the charming port of Keelung. The sparkling weather there should get everyone’s spirits up. After enjoying the many sights of Sanchung, you simply can’t miss Chungli–the pearl set in the the heart of Taoyuan’s lake country. Sandman will have to suggest somewhere of similar caliber in Taichung County (Taiping?). After the bucolic pleasures of Mailiao, live it up in the big city of Chiayi. Almas is just too modest to talk up his adopted home town. Ask him to take you to the fountain.

haha hope you can spot the ones that are being sarcastic from the ones that are being serious? Feiren is pulling ur leg.

Tommy wrote: [quote]haha hope you can spot the ones that are being sarcastic from the ones that are being serious? Feiren is pulling your leg.[/quote]
Well, if someone writes a crap post asking for info, they deserve crap responses.

How much effort should people go to writing answers when so little effort was made by the original poster? Have a look at it below. It doesn’t mention how long he will be in Taiwan, where he will be doing business, and how much free time he has. Nor does he give the size or make-up of the group. Feiren and I say he deserves Sanchong and Mailiao! :smiling_imp:

true true

Well, if someone writes a crap post asking for info, they deserve crap responses.

How much effort should people go to writing answers when so little effort was made by the original poster? Have a look at it below. It doesn’t mention how long he will be in Taiwan, where he will be doing business, and how much free time he has. Nor does he give the size or make-up of the group. Feiren and I say he deserves Sanchong and Mailiao! :smiling_imp:

Spot on, which is why I don’t bother to respond to these kinds of posts anymore.

thanks the reply guys! I apologized first for not having online last few months. I’ve been in Taiwan particularly in Sanchong last October 19… The first reply is late but it is a big help in the group. we are composed of 7 person and unlucky group, our guide showed up after 3 days. well we look another place to crash, we reach Sanchong by ourselves , stayed there for 3 days waiting for our guide…

Taiwan is easy enough to get a copy of Lonely Planet and the such and just wing it. Of course not the best during major holidays like Chinese New Year tho.