Toys R Us

Is Toys R Us still in Taiwan?

There used to be one in Global Mall Zhonghe location. Is it still there?

https://business.google.com/create?hl=zh-TW&getstarted&fp=12244227645626027502&gmbsrc=tw-zh-TW-et-ip-z-gmb-s-z-l~mlu|claimbz|am&ppsrc=GMBSM

Haven’t they gone bankrupt?

Really? I didn’t know it!!

Same place as b4. Seventh floor Asiaworld/Breeze, Nanjing/Tunhua.

1 Like

Yes, like an year ago. And they still haven’t paid all the severance owned…

Still trading in Taiwan under the name…

Oh well… It must have been only US stores, then.

They sold all the Asian stores to a HK company as part of the liquidation proceedings.

2 Likes

Not sure if the chain just closed in the US, but they’re still active in Canada too.

1 Like

Canada still has Toys R Us.

So, yeah, definitely a US thing

Finally made it to the Toys R Us on Xinsheng N. Rd. in Taipei.

It’s a big store, in Taiwan terms, but it’s full of plastic crap I don’t want. I thought they would at least have a section with like wooden or metal toys, but no, almost entirely plastic crap.

I am looking for open-end toys made of natural material, but not that expensive designer toy crap either. Just simple toys that feel good to play with and allow kids to use their imagination and creativity. Instead of buying that plastic crap I’d rather give our toddler scrap wood to play with. Going to make the wood that I have all smooth and remove any nails and splinters. Yeah, that’s would I am going to do next. Toys R… not Me.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Go to the old streets. They often have old style toys.

1 Like

They probably won’t have anything like this:

Love those metal construction kits with real screws and nuts.

the Erector…

that name won’t fly nowadays, I guess

Now I want to play with those kits myself…

1 Like

yeah. I had a set of that. Endless fun and frustration.

1 Like

I used to order melissa and doug toys on Amazon. now they have free shipping over 60USD, so it might be worh your while.

4 Likes

Love those wooden toys!

1 Like

Nice, but probably more relatable to kids in Winnitoba? Ha ha

We need a gray concrete building kit with attachable window grills and illegal rooftop constructions.

4 Likes