TP Flounder 11

[quote=“commie_dickhead”]One reason maybe the naive and might I add self-serving romantacist fiction of being somehow involved in a so-called struggle for democracy and independence.[/quote]As Sandman notes, we already got that, so stick it up your ass[quote]The water in Taiwan makes lao wai’s bat shit crazy.[/quote]And as I’ve reminded you a thousand times already, you know nothing about this, since you’ve never been here. Fuck off already with your second-hand ignorant bullshit. You, not being a Taiwan national, and living in another country, are a laowai also. One that’s never been here, and knows nothing about Taiwan beyond what Xinhua tells him, and most likely never will visit Taiwan. Maybe the water in lala-land is driving you batshit?
Relly, have no worries. You won’t have to put up with idiots like this in-country. They aren’t allowed in. The thing about the huffing and puffing and blowing the house down? A lot of hot air.

What condescending bullshit. “Waiguoren” only care about Taiwan because of their girlfriends. Have you forgotten how most American citizens who can find Taiwan on a map feel about the cross-strait situation? They feel as passionate about defending Taiwan as they do about punishing Cuba. The Taiwan/China situation preys upon our natural David vs. Goliath sensibilities; of course we’re going to feel a lot more sympathetic and paternalistic towards a small, fragile island democracy than a massive, hegemonic, imperialist communist (in name only; otherwise it’s Andrew Carnegie 19th century capitalist exploitation at its most Charles Dickensian) dictatorship. A pretty easy decision of whom to support for most people with a real conscience. Which obviously people like you and AC Dropout don’t have. All people like you care about is power.

mod lang,

Even NAFTA is having problems making Mexico into USA factory floor. There must be some other reasons USA base companies are willing to go all the way to China.

I’m sure you can do the same thing in the PRC and cops won’t get involved either. Cops usually waits for till crowd is done with the lynching before stepping in to file reports.

Actually if you are alluding to “verbal assualt” and “slander” as protected freedoms of expression in the USA or Taiwan. They are not.

Usually a language and cultural barrier is what prevents meaningful dialogue, PRC sites are quite active as well on these issues. Just brush up on simplified characters and the entire Chinese internet is available.

When I’m in China I have had vigorous discussions of issues like these in public places. I have yet come across any personal censorship or reprimands from the authority.

What condescending bullshit. “Waiguoren” only care about Taiwan because of their girlfriends. Have you forgotten how most American citizens who can find Taiwan on a map feel about the cross-strait situation? They feel as passionate about defending Taiwan as they do about punishing Cuba. {snip}[/quote]

Speaking for yourself obviously.

juvenilemania,

Those are called “whistleblowers.” They rarely come out smelling like roses in any country.

In the USA, the FBI whistle blower on 9-11 intelligence issue was reamed also. I think Sibel Edmonds is still under gag orders, like Captain James Yee, so we will really know what happened to them and how the USA coerced them.

i have no idea what you’re talking about.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: