I went to the track at a university here a few days ago and learned that, in fact, no one was interested in using it for what it was supposedly intended for - running. No, instead:
- People were sitting on the track
- People were walking their dogs on the track
- Backpacks were set on the track
- Couples were holding hands and slowly walking around the track, pushing and pulling each other in that oh-so-cute way that takes up three lanes
- people were coming back from grocery shopping and walking across or around the track, all while swinging their grocery bags
I guess I’ll go back to running in the middle of the street. Fewer barriers.