Trading Places WHITE ROC nationals entering China

[quote]Huang Guang Chen wrote:

Yeah, really. Actually he crashed on my couch last night right after showing me the hockey. I thought it a little mean of him. He’s in Shenzhen today.

HG [/quote]

I was allowed back out again HG. Thanks for the BBQ. I was detained slightly cause I wrote the wrong nationality on the mainland immigration form. I had to change to China from ROC. By the way if you’re using the Tai Bao you have to fill the form in Chinese.

There were 4 police there to make sure the second form I filled out was correct. One guy kept calling me a foreigner instead of a compatriot. Of course there was the usual you’re standing in the wrong bloody queue again.

I told him every time he called me a foreigner that he really meant that Taiwan was not a part of China cause the meaning of a foreinger is somebody from another country. One of the four police officers was not amused. The others were tying not to laugh. They told me they’ve never been told that before. ( No one bloody dares )

But in the end they didnt call me a foreigner anymore and I stopped reminding them Taiwan might be a separate country. We all came to agree that if they called me a compatriot that I would accept the one China policy.

I will be Shanghai in November so that will be fun as well.

That’s great! Thanks for the chuckle. :laughing:

That’s a classic!

:thumbsup: :bravo: :laughing:

Ultimately we all crave a sense of belonging. I want to be there when they try and kick you into the foreigners’ lane.

Superb! :bravo:

HG

So how many “white” ROC nationals have tried entering China?

Poagao is there at the moment, I believe.

When I visited Beijing I had fun flashing my National Taiwan Normal University (Shi-Da) student ID card to get cut-price entry to parks, museums etc.

Ultimately we all crave a sense of belonging. I want to be there when they try and kick you into the foreigners’ lane.

Superb! :bravo:

HG[/quote]

OK you’re on the next time I come over we will head off over there on a Saturday or a Sunday :smiley:

[quote]Eric W. Lier wrote:

When I visited Beijing I had fun flashing my National Taiwan Normal University (Shi-Da) student ID card to get cut-price entry to parks, museums etc.[/quote]
Surely there has to be more than two “white” ROC nationals out of a population of over 20 million people???

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”][quote]Eric W. Lier wrote:

When I visited Beijing I had fun flashing my National Taiwan Normal University (Shi-Da) student ID card to get cut-price entry to parks, museums etc.[/quote]

Surely there has to be more than two “white” ROC nationals out of a population of over 20 million people???[/quote]

There are but that doesnt mean we all have to head off to China or the USA does it?

Not unless you’re offering to pay I could organize a group of us to go over together… that would be fun… :smiley: :smiley:

Not many more - but you know that.

Actually there are many more, it’s just Eric is the guy who’s dog ate his homework . . . again.

HG

I can only imagine what this like…they go ape even if you just happen to fill out the Chinese section of the enterance form.

No they only go ape when for nationality you write 中華民國 and not 中國 for natiionality.

Next time I’m just going to go for a compromise and write 中華

As tempting as it is, better not to simplify it either!

HG

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote]Huang Guang Chen wrote:

Yeah, really. Actually he crashed on my couch last night right after showing me the hockey. I thought it a little mean of him. He’s in Shenzhen today.

HG [/quote]

I was allowed back out again HG. Thanks for the BBQ. I was detained slightly cause I wrote the wrong nationality on the mainland immigration form. I had to change to China from ROC. By the way if you’re using the Tai Bao you have to fill the form in Chinese.

There were 4 police there to make sure the second form I filled out was correct. One guy kept calling me a foreigner instead of a compatriot. Of course there was the usual you’re standing in the wrong bloody queue again.

I told him every time he called me a foreigner that he really meant that Taiwan was not a part of China cause the meaning of a foreinger is somebody from another country. One of the four police officers was not amused. The others were tying not to laugh. They told me they’ve never been told that before. ( No one bloody dares )

But in the end they didnt call me a foreigner anymore and I stopped reminding them Taiwan might be a separate country. We all came to agree that if they called me a compatriot that I would accept the one China policy.

I will be Shanghai in November so that will be fun as well.[/quote]

That’s even better than my friend’s driving license story… I’m going to email this to her now :laughing:

Well let’s see how much fun it’s going to be when I apply for a PR visa in China as a Taiwan Compatriot… :noway:

Are you back home yet or are you still out there in Commieland??

Are you back home yet or are you still out there in Commieland??[/quote]

Back in the ROC… :smiley: :smiley:

I had no trouble at all on my trip.

Just curious, has anyone tried to get a spousal visa for the PRC by virtue of the spouse being a compatriot?
I wonder if a application like that whould blow some gaskets in Beijing?