Traffic Infringements and APRC/Naturalization

Hi Forumosans!

Does anyone know which violations show on a police check and may affect your ability to apply for APRC or naturalization?

I got a speeding fine in the mail and I’m sure I’ve sped past the same camera every day this week :frowning:

(Only my second speeding fine after 12+ years of driving)

Not that I’m aware, at least it didn’t for me.
The camera doesn’t know who is driving anyway

2 Likes

Probably that would be criminal violations or criminal liability leading to convictions in court. Traffic fines probably do not qualify. (not legal advice)

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=K0040012

2 Likes

You can check here if you have further outstanding fines, MVDIS - Vehicle Road Test . Unfortunately only Taiwanese citizens can sign up with the App that would instantly notify you when you get a fine so you could avoid getting a second one.

1 Like

I have a membership account with MVDIS but for some reason the app won’t download from the app store

I just downloaded the app and ironically while the app is in English it won’t accept ARC numbers.

It’s weird that you can sign up for a membership with an ARC but it doesn’t work on the app too

When I complained last year below is the response I got, you can complain too.

I have an account :slight_smile: just not the app. It must have been released since you complained.

Also that response is like they’re rubbing it in your face the things you can’t do

The complaint I made was that foreign residents don’t get the benefit of being notified of fines and therefore don’t get the chance that locals do to rectify behavior to avoid further fines. He chose to ignore that part in his response. Great if they have actually started to make changes, complain about the app, maybe this time next year they’ll have updated it!

2 Likes

usually based on car registration (camera) anyways. this wont affect your aprc I wouldnt think.

Hit and runs, intoxication, continuous problems towards society might start to be a problem because there can often be an in person vetting of aprc candidates in order to pass. that makes it a massive grey area. but I cant see it being speeding tickets (paid) being the reason for denial.

Also not legal advice. Moreso just practical common sense dealing with them.

1 Like