Traffic over the holiday?

Thinking of renting a car in Chiayi and going down to Kenting over the long weekend. How messed up do you think traffic will be coming back north on Sunday?
I’m assuming it will be quite horrid since no one is traveling abroad and the virus has finally lifted.
Thinking of sun moon lake area as well but that’s going to be packed as well (and probably raining).
No idea about if hotels will be completely booked in Kenting or around Nantou either, that’s a whole other potential problem.

It tends to be further north where the freeway traffic gets terrible - Taichung and Hsinchu. However, I have a feeling that this holiday is going to be really busy because it’s 4 days and people seem really in the mood for a break. Driving back on Saturday might be better.

The color difference between Bomb’s B and Biggus’ B is so marginal that it looks like a single poster is in here talking to themselves…

Won’t someone choose an icon and end the madness?

1 Like

Ya I’m sure it’s way worse north of Taichung, just hope it’s not also a shit show down south. I’ve only driven once in Taiwan and it was quite stressful actually. I would like to get away from the crowded but that might not be possible, especially if I’m thinking lugu and sun moon lake in Nantou or Kenting. Probably worst areas to go to escape the crowds (and traffic).

You fool. Look what you’ve made me go and do…

3 Likes

Okie changed it. On another note, how the F do I reply to someone’s specific comment (yes I am technology illiterate). When I hit the reply tab on someone’s post it gives me the option to make a new question/topic, to send them a private message or reply to the topic as a whole, not someone’s specific comment.

Don’t hit reply. Highlight the text you want to reply to and “Quote” will popup and put the text in the reply box for you.

Okay Thank You!

Why did they do the switch-over of freeway 1 and 3 at those places? That’s why it gets backed up.

1 Like

I drove Taipei to Tainan this morning. Stop and go many places.

Rest stops were mad crowded lines of cars getting in and out.

Expect the same all weekend.

Heading out of Kenting going north is a nightmare on every Sunday.

Driving down anytime from now through Saturday will be crowded.

Many hotels already sold out but there’s always probably a few available while maybe not good or not good location.