Tragic train crash in Hualien on April 2, 2021

I know some may say Lee is scapegoated and all that.

But fact is, it never ever occurred to him to call emergency when the truck was stuck in the trees with a possibility that it may fall onto the tracks? Did it occur to him that he could have used the crane on the truck to help stabilize the truck (extend the boom over the land, and hook the cable securely to another heavy vehicle, so the lever action would keep the truck in place even if the tree broke off)? I agree, this isn’t just chabuduo. There is a bunch of layers of deceit going on. The fact that it cost 50 lives means he must pay the price.

And further investigations have revealed a bunch of deceit that his organization is engaged in, and more people have been detained as a result.

I have to wonder what made him think a backhoe could be used to get the truck unstuck, or was he in fact deliberately trying to push the truck onto the tracks, possibly for insurance fraud? I think there was a zhichan train that derailed because of a cement truck parked onto a railway crossing because the owner was engaged in insurance fraud. That resulted in some deaths too.

If so he should get murder charges.

2 Likes

There are lots of undocumented workers out there—in agriculture, in construction, in factories. For Mr Lee this was likely just a source of cheap labour as he kept those contracts coming…

Guy

1 Like

I agree, for what little my opinion is worth.

There is increasing evidence that he is an actual goat. I want to be cautious, avoid being sued, but there are more and more facts that suggest he is culpable beyond “negligent homicide.” E.g. “involuntary homicide” at a minimum. Burden of proof must be considered, however. So the footage from the crane/truck and the testimony of 阿好 should be quite informative. The media are bloodthirsty, as usual, but observing his actions and attitude (e.g., the frequently criticized lack of sincerity of his legally drafted 道歉 and his wall-jumping) tends to lead a casual observer to a fairly critical judgement of his behaviours thus far.

1 Like

Fair enough, but this does not reflect well upon his overall character. Any payments to an illegal worker would be “out of pocket,” embezzled, or fabricated. Not too many people (Taiwanese or otherwise), in my admittedly limited experience, have the cajones to pull that off long term.

That’s why I think focusing on the test is useless. Pretty much in every country in the world, once people pass the test they go back to their bad habits when they think nobody’s looking.

One example is when I see someone crossing on the zebra. I try to stop but I look in my mirror and realize if I stop I’m getting rear ended. Or i stop on my side and traffic continues on the other.

1 Like

In case it wasnt posted. Taiwan found their xenphobic scape goat :frowning: the logic here is terrible, hopefully they dont keep reporting this way about a passenger…

2 Likes

The question is if the Vietnamese was sitting in the excavator trying to pull the truck out of the trees and if his action caused the truck to slide down. Apparently the red rope snapped and that might have given the truck the momentum to slide down the slope. Anyway, Mr Lee faces most of the blame.

Wait, they used one red rope to pull the truck and expected it to hold?! :rage:

I got no idea but should they not be using steel cable?

Sometimes I wonder if they threw the truck onto the track as insurance scam.

That would be different, though the article is talking about a vietnamese eeing in the passenger seat away from the accident…not related.

Ps. Trucks are normally pulled with fiber ties, not steel. Thats normal. Safety precautions are rarely practiced and common sense is also rarely present. Also normal here :frowning:

That’s quite an allegation; do you have any evidence to support it? There is none in the article you linked.

1 Like

Anyone saw this?

It’s mentioned and discussed in the main TRA thread, over here:

Guy

2 Likes

That was before they found the second chip from the truck, where a very brief discussion of what to do between Mr Lee and the Vietnamese fellow is recorded, indicating that the second might have been the one operating the excavator.

Now they also say, Mr. Lee asked the Vietnamese guy to stop the train? Not sure what they mean, where? Before the first tunnel? The Vietnamese guy rode a scooter back to the city, parked it near Mr. Lee’s house and met a compatriot at the train station…

I say that based on the article i linked due to the bullshit connections based on simply being a passenger of a truck. The way that peice is written plays right into bs gossip. Of course, if he was found to have done some.of the other things posted above, then for sure there is blame . The article i posted rubbed right the wrong way as they included none of that. Being said passenger of a truck and a foreign runaway worker has nothing to do with the train wreck.

If, however, he was involved in causing the truck to run away, hes fair game. No arguments there.

It could have something to do with it, or more likely could not, but I can’t see why the Taiwan News would totally ignore it. I didn’t really notice any insinuations in the article. Anyway, it seems like you overstated things, unless the local media is really pushing it or something.

What does “the second chip from the truck” mean? Since when do sketchy old-tire-transporting work trucks driven by illegal workers have audio recording capabilities…?

Late last year from Fang Liao to Southern Taitung. I saw DMU/EMU Blue cars today in Taitung, I will upload it later. Looked like DMU as no electric connection and motors on the roof like some DMU/EMU. The route still active but mostly I think with air con cars if needed.

1 Like

As per other tv news, Mr. Lee told Ahao to scram. Hence the pic of him leaving the scene on scooter, which is the only “evidence” held so far, along with Ahao sitting next to Lee in the truck full of tires on the way to what would become the accident site.

The news are giving more time to the real owners of the company. Mr. Lee was just a front as the real owners were not allowed by law to have this contract, as per news. The name on the site plaque was charged recently, they say and show pics.

I am seriously worried, but seems now they are pointing fingers elsewhere.

The issue is obvious and common. Call it before it becomes irreversible. If they drop that line, great. That article was trash to be honest, not good. So are many others.

Watch the onsurance company help the construction company scam a way out of this.

No different than most other disasters here. Look at kaohsiung explosion. A farce, embarrassment and frankly.people should of being hanged…

Edit