Trailerbikes and tag-alongs

Anyone know if either of these are available to buy anywhere in Taiwan?

I’m looking into getting one for family bike rides, dependent on price. I haven’t managed to locate one yet though. It would be for my 4 year old daughter, 110cm tall.

[quote=“jaame”]Anyone know if either of these are available to buy anywhere in Taiwan?

I’m looking into getting one for family bike rides, dependent on price. I haven’t managed to locate one yet though. It would be for my 4 year old daughter, 110cm tall.[/quote]

They aren’t very popular in Taiwan and the usual “yullll shoooot yer eyyyye out” opinion on here is that scooters wouldn’t recognize it or give it enough room on narrow streets or mountain roads. I guess if it was on bike paths that would be a different story but many of the bike paths are awful narrow and you’d probably end up annoying people. Not to mention getting snagged/rammed by kids who don’t look where they are going (read: all children ages 2-18).

But what’s that contraption ktownboy uses, that trail a bike thing, lemme look…

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&t=109514

I think that’s much more feasible than something like a Burley. I might look into that myself now that my spud is getting too heavy for the bike seat. Maybe ktownboy can chime in or we can get that thread going again.