Trams in TW

Not

Whatever.:roll:

Just saying something is and putting it in italics, doesn’t make it true

And just saying “not” doesn’t make it untrue. Especially when you have no evidence to back anything up.

Of course. But that doesn’t make it that 46% of commuters use mrt on a daily basis. The stat was that 46% of trips are made by public transport.

One year more, and New Taipei will receive on of these trams too. Danhai LRT should be open at the end of this year, if nothing will go wrong. These trams will be made in Taiwan, unlike Kaohsiung ones.

And the President announced that Taipei-Keelung tram project recently, with proposed terminus at Nangang.

The Nangang Keelung tram line seems ill thought out, we shall see. If it went around the harbour and city of Keelung that would be better , Keelung being a complete dump at this time.

Which is what public transportation ridership rate is about.

Yes, like the PDX light rail but difference is more and urban tram like Melbourne, where as in Portland (OR) its more of a suburban to centre city rail.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3407575 Kinda related news to KHH trains about KHH MRT grafitti

khh39akhh39b

Nice !

Tram map show locations of all trams 札幌市

2 Likes

I’m looking at the trams going by in xiziwan, went around the whole harbour today , nice!

Isn’t the Danshui Light Rail Train or tram operational or partially operational now? Does not show up on Google maps transit.

That’s not Google’s only maps problem with Taiwan.

Netherlands! I wish Taiwan has more trams esp. to hard to reach places by MRT. like near to the beach, hot springs.

I loved it when I could just take a tram from near Amsterdam to the beach for a day trip.

1 Like

In Belgium most of the coast line (66 km) is serviced by a tram line going up and down the coast.

“The Coast Tram (Dutch: Kusttram ) is a public transport service connecting the cities and towns along the entire Belgian (West Flanders) coast, between De Panne near the French border and Knokke-Heist near the Dutch border. At 67 km (42 miles) in length, it is the world’s longest tram/light rail line currently in service,(https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Coast_Tram_(Belgium)#citenote1) as well as one of the few interurban tramways in the world to remain in operation. The line is built at 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge and fully electrified at 600 V DC.”

MOTC approves Danhai light rail 2nd phase plan
The new plan includes changes to the light rail line to be built alongside Tamsui River