Transasia Flight GE235 Crash

F*** the news cameramen taking pictures of the ambulances and the injured people arriving at the hospital. Hospitals should be a no-gone zone for the media.

Holy crap, it’s incredible that no-one on the ground was hurt and that anyone AT ALL in the plane survived.

Some passengers seem to be not injured at all, being questioned by rescue staff on the banks of the river.

Exactly right.

Mayday calls at 23:23

archive-server.liveatc.net/rcss/ … -0230Z.mp3

Some passengers seem to be not injured at all, being questioned by rescue staff on the banks of the river.[/quote]
It’s been staged by the CIA and the Mossad! :smiley:

Latest figure is 12 dead. Condolences.

30 still missing, 16 wounded.

after the initial 20 or so people who got out quickly, the rest were likely to be trapped under water… Hopefully the count would be under 20. One child is still missing.

They’re passing those yellow back brace boards in now which makes me think some inside may still be alive.

Have you seen the taxi that was hit by the plane? I guess both the driver and the passenger had a healthy heart after all, since they’re both OK.

the original of the closest car cam footage was bought off by TVBS:

[quote=“Icon”]Latest figure is 12 dead. Condolences.

30 still missing, 16 wounded.[/quote]
I will do the maths for you all: 42 dead. I find hard to believe that any of those 30 have made it if they haven’t been found yet… but who knows. Best of luck to them though.

Is it this plane’s design that so many people do not make it out? Too narrow aisles?

48 dead last time. This crash does not look too optimistic.

[quote=“Icon”]Is it this plane’s design that so many people do not make it out? Too narrow aisles?

48 dead last time. This crash does not look too optimistic.[/quote]

interestingly Cti News was showing names of the Penghu crash victims as the list of victims this time around.

ptt.cc/bbs/Gossiping/M.1423 … A.B74.html

Sadly I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Those spinal boards are a good way to lift bodies out of the plane since they can be strapped in very securely.

[quote=“Icon”]Is it this plane’s design that so many people do not make it out? Too narrow aisles?

That’s a brutal uncontrolled crash, and I’d think folks were either killed on impact, or trapped in the wreckage & then drowned.
The pilots, if they had any control at all, did amazingly well to land in the river.

Yes, indeed. Avoiding the most populated areas, so many obstacles. Half people making out alive when none could have. Such an awful, horrible situation.

for those interested in seeing the location on google map.

google.com.tw/maps/@25.0629 … kN4VAA!2e0

A lot of people don’t understand why you shouldn’t inflate life vests inside the plane. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were people who survived the crash then ended up bobbing around like corks inside the flooded plane unable to get out. They might even still be alive if the plane hasn’t completely sunk.

Correct me if my Math is bad, but 16 hurt so far. If only those who are now make it, we are looking at 42 dead. RIP.

Captain still missing.

EDIT
At 4:20 press conference says 19 confirmed dead, 17 wounded, 24 missing.

Plane engine was only one year old?