Transferring a Study visa into a Work visa

[quote=“Taiwaner”]Thanks!

I thought as much. This makes me wonder why people would ever make a visa run as their 60 day visitor visa expires. Wouldn’t it always be easier to simply extend it using a student visa and THEN get an ARC through their school? (By the way, I’m not condoning the morality of getting a student visa when someone has no intention of studying, but the system does force us to cut corners at times).

I know a lot about these issues and wonder if I’m just missing something here.[/quote]

Problem#1: No such thing as a student visa my friend…you can study on a visitor or resident visa.

Problem#2: You cant get an arc until you get a resident visa. no resident visa = no arc. You have to study on good terms at a university for at minimum of 6 months before you can get a resident visa. Once you get a resident visa you can get an ARC, or rather must get an ARC, within 15 days.

Problem#3: Schools dont issue ARCs, they can only verify to the MOE that your attendance and grades are good, thus allowing you to apply through the MOE for an ARC. In doing so, you will need an employment offer from an employer and are limited to working a maximum of 16 hours while on a Resident Visa for Study.

Just wanted to clear those things up. :slight_smile: