Transferring VHS to VCD (or even DVD)

Anybody know a company in Taipei where I can transfer old VHS tapes to a digital format? I found old VHS tapes and I am trying to archive them. Many thanks.

VCR, Capture card for PC, OBS.

Easy to do, low investment costs.

Many thanks. I don’t want to get an extra electronic machine…there’s too much stuff in my place. I also got rid of the VCR before I found these old tapes.

Well, you could just simply temporarily attain a VCR for this purpose and then get rid of it.

The recording module is nothing more than a small USB dongle as well. If you can find a used one for dirt then it’ll work. Either that or I get set up and you can pay me for my time. I don’t mind makin an extra dollar here or there.

Thanks Marco! I’ll PM you.

1 Like

Remember what it was like before Google Maps?

2 Likes

Many thanks!

FYI. You can google 錄影帶 轉 mp3 to find people who offer the service.
1 Like

Thanks @Takasan, I have some Sony DV tapes I need done. I think I’m going to try to this week. @Marco how much do you charge :slight_smile:

I dont have any DV equipment here unfortunately. Sorry. VHS is easy because I can simply get a used VCR off Ruten for nothing now that i have a fresh account clear of that Racist’s negative feedback.

2 Likes

I actually tried to DIY it but I couldn’t get it to work right.

If you have equipment to read DV or miniDV tapes. Then we could get something going.

Only my old camera. But it’s pretty rickety.