Transition from Teaching Success/Failure Stories

They said you have to student teach what you want to teach. So I guess cram would be OK if you want to do ESL. I think I’ll just end up doing mine in the states somehow 🥲

you can get some vaccines while you’re there!

It absolutely can be a cram school or kindy. There are several people in my class going this route.

When they say the final 12 weeks is the teaching practicum, what you actually submit for that is just 4-5, 15 minute videos of you teaching showing you can use a specific strategy etc. And then you’re doing written reports and analysis etc. during that time as well.

1 Like

It needs to be the same age group. So if you’re teaching in a kids cram school you could use that to get a K-6 Elementary multi-subject credential or an ESL credential as long as you can pass the praxis test.

Or say you teach in a kids cram school but you want to eventually teach a subject at the middle school or high school level. You do your practicum in a cram school and get an ESL k-12 license, and then take the praxis test for the subject you want and add it on as an endorsement to your license. Then you’re licensed for both ESL K-12 and whatever other subject you want.

1 Like