Translating Mulan

Hi, @RickRoll .

Sorry, the project is currently on hold. Some major financial expenses (not related to this project) came up, and I need immediate cash – I’m waiting until I have the resources to properly invest in this project to give it what it deserves.

Originally, I was racing against the movie… and really threw things into high gear when it got delayed, because I thought I could catch up to them. But then, I realized that if I released what I had, it would be a half-baked recipe.

With this said, I will release this someday. I started this project way too late. I learned that by the time the hype starts gearing up, it’s already too late. There’s a reason why these things take years (even longer for indie creators who are still trying to learn the system).

With this said, I’m not abandoning the project. I’m continuing to work – albeit at a very slow rate. By the time the 2040 remake comes around, I’ll be way ahead of the game. (Slightly joking – I really hope this doesn’t take that long)

Anyhow, sorry to disappoint. If anyone knows of an angel investor with a big pile of cash, things could speed up. But since I’m still going indie, it will still take a very long time before this comes to life.

But it will happen. And I’ll be sure to let you know when it does.

4 Likes

Thanks for the updates!
Have you thought about going crowdfunding?
If you make a good campaign it may be easier to achieve your goal than getting an angel investment. Or it may even be the first step to finding one.
I heard cases of people that cancel the crowdfunding because an angel decided to invest on it after seeing the project posted at kickstarter/indiegogo/etc.

1 Like

Hey @Caspian!
How’s the project going? I’m very interested in seeing it coming out!

1 Like

Managing this sort of a project proved to a lot harder than I originally anticipated. I contacted a bunch of people, and everyone sounded excited at first. But once we got to the point where this would require actual work, one by one everyone bailed.

I was hoping we would get to the point where we could get off the ground and then get noticed and get funded. Everyone was excited to talk about how they’d love to pitch in, but at the end of the day I was a one-man band. I produced one episode with me doing everything and sent it to a friend. Sadly, that’s as far as I got.

I even tried hiring people at an extremely discounted rate, but even then people worked as much as I paid them. I think I’ll have to hire real pros if I want this to go anywhere. I’m talking a break and working for a high-tech startup at the moment. If I can make bank, I’d love to invest in passion projects like this someday.

Sorry, I know this isn’t the update you were hoping for. But hopefully someday I’ll have better news.

1 Like