Translation Authentication

BOCA does not appear to do authentication of translations any more.

A year ago they authenticated the translation of my “single certificate”.

I have some new documents to authenticate the translation - they now tell me it has to be done at a district court

By the way - did you know you can get a tax benefit for your parents, where ever they live, if they are old enough?

quote:
Originally posted by rian: By the way - did you know you can get a tax benefit for your parents, where ever they live, if they are old enough?

More info please, Rian. Got a link?

You can get all the official tax filing info from:
http://www.ntak.gov.tw/forei/eng.html

I am in need of an official translation of a wedding certificate which is in Spanish. Does anyone know how I could get this done?

Some translation agencies provide notarized translations.

The one I work for (Elite Translators) will do the translation and can get it notarized as a separate service. Alternatively, we can tell you how to get it notarized yourself and save a few hundred NT.

If you’re interested, contact me: mark@eta.com.tw / 02 2740 0706 #514

Hey Sandman - It is right in the middle of your tax form - claim for your parents - they do not have to be in Taiwan - you have to be able to prove they are alive and yours - I will leave the details of “how” to you. Somewhere along the line you may have to convince them that no-one else in Taiwan has claimed for them

My mother has died in the last year - so her death certificate will prove she was alive the day before she died. My birth certificate will prove she was my mother. This applicable for New Zealand only.

BH provided some great additional information at

http://oriented.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=29&t=000441

Does certification by the Taiwan office overseas expire ? If I had a document certified as being a true copy of the original by the London office in 1996, will that be valid for ever ?