Translation of American Education System - Visa for Teaching

hey all, apologises for being a totally bemused englishman :astonished: but i am a little bit puzzled by the american language/education system, which I know most of asia follows. If there are any other fellow british people on here, can you please tell me what these mean in terms of our british system?

(a)associate degree = what does this mean? is it similar to an HNC/HND???
(b)2 year college diploma = this means our GCSE’s or A-levels???

If i wanted to work here (not sure yet :ponder:), most school’s i’ve chatted to say "dont worry, if you dont have a degree, we will also accept (a) or (b) for teaching here… thus i am confused on what exactly (a) and (b) mean in british terms :ponder:

cheers for any help

Dunno about HNDs. Might be accepted if you have teaching certification.

No, a 2 year diploma is being at university for two years - A-levels are equivalent to high school here, sort of.

A three year degree is OK for British folk.

As far as I understand it, degrees in the US aren’t labeled in terms of years, although some people associate a certain number of years as typical for attaining that degree. Perhaps what someone means when they say a “2-year college diploma” is an Associates Degree granted by a community college, and if they say a “4-year degree/diploma” they probably mean a Bachelors.

In the US system, there is no “diploma” for being at a university for 2 years. You earn degrees by satisfying requirements that are based on numbers of credits taken, not by timed served.

cheers for the info :notworthy:
i looked up about associates, in england it’s called the ‘foundation degree’