Transmission Meditation

There is a Transmission Meditation group starting in Taichung (near Feng Jia Uni area) and all are welcome to join. At the moment it will be Monday evenings from 7pm onwards. Attendance is free. Those who cannot, or do not wish to sit for a prolonged period can leave whenever they wish, though it is requested that they leave quietly without disturbing others so they may continue.

The meditation itself is very simple.

You do not need:

1. previous meditation experience
  2. a breathing technique
  3. initiation
  4. a cushion
  5. to be a qigong master

You do need:

1. your attention
  2. an aspiration to better humanity through selfless service

If you are not sure if you can bring attention, then… welcome to the club, you are just like the rest of us, and practice makes perfect! :wink:

It is an air-conditioned space, that is cleaned regularly. There are comfy floor seats, and chairs available for those who cannot sit on the floor, so you don’t even need to bring your own cushion. There is no conflict between this and any ongoing yoga/taiji practice you have.

More information can be found here:

http://www.share-international.org/background/xmission/tm_main.htm

PM me for more info and I will tell you whatever I can.
Light and peace.

Hooray! Another cult! I was getting bored with the old ones.

For those too lazy to click on the link, this is connected to Benjamin Creme and “Maitreya”–a mysterious turbaned South Asian man billed as a messianic figure, who turns up from time to time in grainy photographs, and promises to end world hunger just as soon as he is invited to appear on television.

I am guessing this is pretty much the same thing as Pranahuti meditation, just a different guru?

Snake, meet oil. Oil, meet snake. I’m sure he’ll do just fine here. Lotta gullible people around. Lotta depression. Lotta worry about this and that. PREY on these poor fools! Ripe for the picking. :thumbsup: