🚌 🚇 Transport | Using Public Transportation

You can take a train to Fulong for a nice day at the beach.

Is raining here, i don’t think the beach Will be good idea, but i will go there eventually, i don’t want leave Taiwan without see the ocean, because i will only return next year to study few months, and if possible find a work and stay here.

What train i catch? Not MRT right? Since i don’t find Fulong on the MRT destinations. Keelung right?

I don’t think with those schedules i will be able to get a guided tour :frowning: Since i need to be here before 5pm to go to Keelung with my girlfriend visit her girl friends lol girl stuffs eheheh
Is raining here, so i don’t know if i can go by walk, even when this rain feel so great in my skin :slight_smile: I will go by bus for sure.

Just a curiosity, i never see a forum in my life so busy, so popular, you guys already been here from so early in the morning, no one work in Taiwan? lol Just kidding :slight_smile:

The 10am and 2pm slots are the mobs of Chinese tourists, sorry I wasn’t clear those are the ones you want to AVOID at all costs.

We work, but the only one I can talk to is the wall.

Is raining here, i don’t think the beach Will be good idea, but i will go there eventually, i don’t want leave Taiwan without see the ocean, because i will only return next year to study few months, and if possible find a work and stay here.

What train i catch? Not MRT right? Since i don’t find Fulong on the MRT destinations. Keelung right?[/quote]
Not MRT. It’s the TRA, the national train system.

You live in Xizhi, right? There’s a train station in downtown Xizhi. You don’t want to take the Keelung train because that’s a spur off the main route.

Just tell the ticket agent you want to go to Fulong. Once in Fulong, the beach is a short walk from the station.

I second the train to fulung. NIce train ride and nice beach. If you have time and its raining up north take the HighSpeed train to Kaohsiung and the 2 hour bus ride down to kenting. South taiwan has the nicest beaches on the island.

and its perfectly fine to swim in hsintien. WAtch out for the whirlpools though. Swim where the locals swim.

Lots of drownings there. I saw a dead body float by once when i was rowing a rowboat with a date. Not the best thing to happen on a date mind you.

This assumption maybe is right… but shows lack of respect for the category of taxi drivers :roflmao: LOL
Best we can do to avoid scamms is to bring a cheap GPS with us or a mobile phone which includes city maps. They are affordable thesedays.
You can record the track and in case of scamm you can prove where the taxi driver has taken you around with the purpose of charging you more $$$

Just be wise to never jump into a cab that you see down the street. Always call their customers phone number to book one and you’re scamm proof. :stuck_out_tongue:

This assumption maybe is right… but shows lack of respect for the category of taxi drivers :roflmao: LOL
Best we can do to avoid scamms is to bring a cheap GPS with us or a mobile phone which includes city maps. They are affordable thesedays.
You can record the track and in case of scamm you can prove where the taxi driver has taken you around with the purpose of charging you more $$$

Just be wise to never jump into a cab that you see down the street. Always call their customers phone number to book one and you’re scamm proof. :p[/quote]
How utterly ridiculous. I’ve lived here for 10 years and have never been “scamm” (sic) by a taxi driver, despite my Chinese inability. Nonsense.

Just be wise to never jump into a cab that you see down the street. Always call their customers phone number to book one and you’re scamm proof. :p[/quote]

I have never been ripped off by a taxi in Taipei, excepting the time a cabbie did a very quick detour to buy some betel nut :roflmao:. Once, a taxi took me to a bridge that was temporarily closed and we had to backtrack and go a different route, but he deducted ‘his mistake’ from the fare. :thumbsup:

Reviving this general thread to post this great line:

Source: https://twitter.com/bellachu10/status/1773831580915814452

Guy

2 Likes