Travel by Sea

Does anyone know anything about ocean travel around Asia? Whether by ferry, yacht, cruise, freighter…whatever. Don’t mind working on the craft.

There’s the boat from Keelung to Okinawa. From Okinawa, boats go to Fukuoka and elsewhere in mainland Japan. From Fukuoka, there are boats to Busan, Korea. From Inchon, Korea, there are boats to Weihai and Qingdao in China. It used to be possible to travel around eastern coastal China by boat, but I don’t think that’s been the case for several years now.

Freighters go from Taiwan to everywhere, but good luck getting on one. And I’m not sure they are as much fun as they sound.

regards,
Robert

What is the name of the company?

Not sure if this info is up to date, but here it is:

seejapan.co.uk/transport/sea … tml#taiwan

These cruises are not very popular in winter, and some of them shut down at that time.

Good luck,
Robert

may be of help

geocities.com/freighterman.geo/mainmenu.html

There are annual sailing races from Hong Kong to Hainan (China), Manila, and maybe one or two other places. And a bi-annual race from Ishigaki (Japan) to Taiwan. Some of the boats come from/go back to the main islands of Japan. I imagine there will also be long-distance races in Japan waters and maybe to Korea too.