Travel Forum

Has there ever been a travel forum at Segue/Oriented? There seem to be lots of threads about travel scattered all over the place and there’s some great info there but hard to find.

Great idea! Where is your favorite hangout in Thailand, where to go for a 3-day R&R trip, stuff like that would be helpful…

The mods should really think about such a forum.

Mark would probably make a great moderator.

I second that e-motion.

third, third I say…

How much does it cost to get from here to X

How long of a trip should one take to X

Good local hotspots?

Gus, oh guru of Segue, please grant us our request…

Alien posted a week or two ago with a link to www.guardian.co.uk
A story about colonic irrigation and because of this link i’m off to Bali on Saturday for a week of it. So i won’t be able to moderate…whatever that means.

Sounds like a great idea to me. As one who has explored a fair part of this world, I’d be happy to help out; if the threads were organised by country, it could need a fair amount of organising. :sunglasses:

Organizing it would probably be bitch, if donw in a way making it easy accessible to new users etc.

I would suggest that we use the kind of organization used in the rest of segue. The best stuff could be slowly organized in when the mods have some time on their hands.

There was a travel forum a long time ago. Much to everyone’s surprise, however, it received very few posts. Eventually, it was put out of its misery.

If there’s enough interest now, it might come back, so keep posting your thoughts on this.

I think it’s a great idea. There should be different sections like SE Asian countries, inside Taiwan etc. I was really surprised that I couldn’t find much information when I was planning that trip to Ilan. And two weeks later, somebody else posted the same question!

I’ll volunteer! I’m always great on travel tips in Mainland China :wink:

Iris

[quote=“Mark0938”]Alien posted a week or two ago with a link to www.guardian.co.uk

A story about colonic irrigation and because of this link i’m off to Bali on Saturday for a week of it. So i won’t be able to moderate…whatever that means.[/quote]

That’s a very frightening story. I’m now very worried about my arse.

[quote=“Mark0938”]Alien posted a week or two ago with a link to www.guardian.co.uk

A story about colonic irrigation and because of this link i’m off to Bali on Saturday for a week of it. So i won’t be able to moderate…whatever that means.[/quote]

Do try to be moderate in your colonic irrigation, excesses of which will likely leave you unfit for travel or much else.

And I add my voice to the chorus of pleas in favour of creating that travel forum.

How about a colonic irrigation forum? There are loads of people in the foreign community who are ‘full of it’. :laughing:

Well done Spack…that was my first Laugh Out Loud of the week!

Looks like we’re getting a bit pumped up here.