Travel PCR/Covid Testing Same Day

I need help finding a same day covid testing result place in Taipei. I am returning on the 19th of January and flying back to Japan on the 22nd but because it’s CNY holiday, I’m worried there won’t be any open during that time. Can anyone help me find one that can give me same day results or even next day results if they can send it on Saturday.

Thank you for your help

1 Like

You don’t actually need that. A vaccination certificate is sufficient.

Not if you’re not fully vaccinated which is why I’m asking

2 Likes

You can try Veterans General Hospital. IIRC they do a same-day service, although it’s not cheap.

The nice thing is that they have a functioning online booking system; if you book a morning slot, you should be able to pick up the result on the same day or (at worst) early the next morning.

2 Likes

price is not an issue at this point, it just needs to be done.

Thanks, i’ll have a look.

I’m having a hard time finding one that can do same day on the 20th because CYN. Maybe I need to call hospitals as I can’t find online booking

Neihu tri Services hospital offers daily “fast pick up COVID 19 tests”. Currently the appointments stop at 18th, maybe check tomorrow if they then show 19th?

https://www2.ndmctsgh.edu.tw/newwebreg/en/Register/Doctors?pos=B&DeptCode=140&DeptGroup=5

3 Likes

The Airport Med centre used have test results within few hours, you can call to see if they still do it.

2 Likes

TVH registration is here, but it seems they have a much cut-down schedule now (presumably because almost nobody requires it anymore).

https://www6.vghtpe.gov.tw/reg/ctestAnn.do?lang=EN

And it seems booking is only a week in advance now. It used to be 2-3 weeks. Sorry. Probably not much use to you.

1 Like

Veterans

2 Likes

I’m scouring the MOFA site and can’t find information on this, maybe someone can help:

Some relatives are coming to visit in a few months (yay) but one of them is unvaccinated and not planning on it. Can this person get into Taiwan unvaccinated? I can’t find a straight answer…

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Taiwan doesn’t check vaccination status and never has, AFAIK.

5 Likes

i was this close to @'ing you because i figured you’d come through. thanks mate.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to just get the extra dose and don’t have to worry about PCR tests ever again?

no, it’s too late now anyways and most countries don’t care anymore. Japan seems to one of the few last ones.

Besides, my unvaccinated sperm will be worth a lot one day :grin:

2 Likes

You will probably die in a car crash before you can sell it.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(22)00822-1/fulltext#%20

3 Likes

Freeze it and keep it as an asset to pass down lol

1 Like

Although to be fair, he could have a lot of fun in the meantime.

Booked a same day 2 hour results one in korea. That was simple enough. Taiwan seems to be much tougher

Neihu Tri Service seems easiest to arrange on-line, not same-day booking but they do give a same-day result, whereas Veterans have an overnight wait to obtain travel certificate and their booking site is a nightmare with several complex forms to fill