😷 COVID - Travel in Taiwan During Covid-19

How to obtain proof of vaccination in Taiwan before traveling abroad?

Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that in order to obtain proof of vaccination before traveling abroad, it is necessary for individuals to understand related regulations in the country that they plan to travel to and acquire their proof of vaccination according to one of the procedures listed below.

A. The COVID-19 vaccination site issues a COVID-19 Vaccination Record on which fields such as date of birth, passport number, and the name on the passport are completed.

B. The COVID-19 vaccination site issues an English-language medical certificate (with the vaccination record written on the certificate).

C. People can visit one of these 32 travel clinics and request their COVID-19 vaccination be recorded in their International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (yellow book).

Taiwan Travel Clinics: Travel Clinics (Taiwan)

To obtain a yellow book you need to make an appointment at a travel clinic and present your NHI card, passport (or photocopy), and yellow card. After the doctor confirms the vaccination record on the VACC system, he will issue a yellow book.

The fees for the international certificate of vaccination (Yellow Book) are NT$200 for issuance (for those who never had a yellow book), and NT$ 150 for re-issuance (for those who had a yellow book and lost it).

NB1: Vaccination records of those who didn’t get vaccinated in Taiwan will not be added to their yellow book.

Registration, diagnostic and other fees will be charged according to the rules of the respective hospital.

NB2: The yellow card is the vaccination card individuals are given after getting the vaccine.

The yellow book is the International Certificate of Vaccination of Prophylaxis.

For questions and more information join our other platforms:

Quora:https://traveltaiwanduringcovid19.quora.com/

Facebook👉 Redirecting...

Instagram: Login • Instagram

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelTaiwanCovid19/

Medium: https://medium.com/@TravelTaiwanDuringCovid-19

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/mr-host-4638ab210

2 Likes

Where can if find the most up-to-date and complete regulations regarding quarantining? Why is that not easy to find? Boggles my mind. A foreigner on FB asked me and I thought I just go the CDC site and find it easily. But I am still looking around. Maybe I am just too stupid. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Taiwan quarantine regulations for all arrivals (effective March 17th, 2022)

On February 24th, 2022, Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that quarantine for all arrivals will be reduced to 10 days effective March 7, 2022.

New regulations:

a) All arrivals will be required to quarantine for a period of 10 days followed by 7 days of self-health management.

b) The arrival should quarantine at home or a residence of his or her family or friends (one person per residence) . If the principle of one person per residence cannot be followed, the arrival should complete the 10-day quarantine at a quarantine hotel.

c) Family members/household members who arrive on the same day can choose to quarantine together in their home or a residence of their friends or family. They can also choose to quarantine together at a quarantine hotel. Under this condition, the principle of one person per residence is not necessary.

What does one person per residence mean?

1) Arrivals need to have an independent address, and the living area needs to be separated from other non-quarantine members.

NB: If you are not sure whether your house meets the requirements of one person per residence, you can call the local government in your city responsible for quarantine and they will have it checked for you.

The following link contains the list of the local government’s contact number:

https://bit.ly/HomeQuarantineandHomeIsolationCareServiceCenter

Testing measures:

1. PCR testing : A total of two (2) tests will be conducted; one upon arrival at the airport and the other at the end of quarantine (day 10) as shown in the picture. The latter will be done at a hospital or a location arranged or designated by their local government. Individuals who have a negative test can then move on to do 7 days of self-health management.
    NB: Both tests are sponsored by the Taiwan government.

2. At-home rapid antigen tests: A total of five (5) test kits will be given; the tests should be taken on the 3rd, 5th, and 7th day of quarantine. During the self-health management period, individuals will be required to take another at-home rapid test on the 2nd and 4th day.

NB: The rapid antigen tests kits will be sponsored by the Taiwan government.

May be an image of text

3 Likes

@hannes is this what you wanted?

1 Like

So can anyone come to Taiwan now?

1 Like

No unfortunately until now Taiwan borders are not opened for tourism

1 Like

“ruled out the possibility of Taiwan… fully ending quarantine requirements for vaccinated travelers.”

“It is impossible this year.”

2 Likes

I read through covid related travel threads but can’t determine which thread is appropriate to discuss Taiwan entry requirements and what the latest information is or where to find the information.

Where or what are the entry requirements for Taiwan?

How about the official website?

Edit: Found this on CDC website effective 4 Jan 2022.

“1.Regardless of their nationality (including R.O.C. nationals and foreign nationals with an Alien Residence Certificate) or travel purpose (for study, work, diplomatic affairs, etc.), from January 4, 2022 (departure date) travelers who arrive at an airport in Taiwan must present a certificate of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within two days (calendar days) prior to the flight schedule time…”

I want visit my brother in Taiwan this summer. Can enter if family member?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, it is now possible if your brother is a Taiwan citizen or foreigner with an ARC, and is not a migrant worker. You will still need a visa though. Contact your local Taiwan representative office.

1 Like

Thank you. He has APRC.

Should be all good then

Does anyone know what documentation is required to board a flight back to Taiwan? I have a marriage ARC.

The only thing I can find online is in reference to the negative RT-PCR test:

• Negative RT-PCR test taken within two calendar days (so if I fly out March 3rd, the test needs to be taken March 1st)

I assume that I’ll also need proof of accommodations (staying in a quarantine hotel)? Do I need my Taiwanese vax card?

Also does anyone know if it’s possible to stay in a “entire-apartment” AirBnb instead of a quarantine hotel?

Thanks much for any information :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very confuscious to what the policy is right now.

Is tourism allowed again, after three day quarantine?

No tourists allowed.

1 Like

… feeling poetic right now…

1 Like

https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Default1?openExternalBrowser=1

Do we still have to fill out this form when we quarantine at home?

I thought I will fill this out when I arrive in TPE

1 Like

As of a couple of weeks ago, yes. Your airline will have a webpage about it.

You fill it in before your flight. There will be a bunch of people on the ground who ask to see a screen capture of the final page.

Do I need a taiwanese phone number to fill that out? I don’t have one yet. I will buy a sim card at the airport.
Because they send you messages and call you, right? Can’t do that with my international sim card.

No, you can just put your phone number in full including the international dialing code (+1 for US).
Why can’t your international SIM card send/receive calls?
Anyway it’s probably a bit like shipping, they’ll only call you if there’s a problem.