Travellers cheques or pre paid debit card?

Hi,
I’m travelling to taiwan for 10 days from the UK in around 3 weeks time, which do you think would be better for taking my money;
travellers cheques or a pre paid debit card? Which is more widely accepted and if i get Travellers cheques, is it ok to get them in £ sterling
and not US dollars?

thanks alot.

I once went on a business trip to China. My company thought it would be better to give me a pre paid debit card instead of the usual pocket cash. It did not work once. Take the travellers cheques. They are readily accepted.

I travel around the world for days and weeks at a time for both pleasure and business. I just carry cash and my ATM card. Usually carry up to US$2000 (or equivalent in another currency) and then use ATM for whatever more I need.

Cashing travler’s checks in Taiwan is not as convenient as other places from what I hear. There are other posts here about them you can search for.

Are American Express travellers cheques the most commonly accepted?

Do not bring travelers checks. They are near useless on Taiwan. Merchants don’t take them and banks won’t cash them except at Taoyuan airport and one counter only at Sungshan airport. I dont know about Kaohsiung airport. But the fees are high and its a real hassle.

At Taoyuan airport you can change them for a fee of 200nt per USD100 bill. Amex preferred.

Use your bank card. They work well in most cases with most ATM with the Sirrus sign. Fees are fair.

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english/index.jsp?ID=24030107

I want to put some money on an internet site. Does the above link provide that service?