Treas. Sec. Paulson Blames the GOPpers for Blown Deal

Republicans sparked a shouting match in the cabinet discussions by their insistence that they wait for McCain to arrive and appear “presidential.” Meanwhile, McCain who dropped an appearance on David Letterman’s show because he claimed to be rushing back to deal with the crisis, instead lollygagged about in New York for an interview with Katie Couric and to continue his campaign.

Check it out: nytimes.com/2008/09/26/busin … ref=slogin

[quote]In the Roosevelt Room after the session, the Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., literally bent down on one knee as he pleaded with Nancy Pelosi, the House Speaker, not to “blow it up” by withdrawing her party’s support for the package over what Ms. Pelosi derided as a Republican betrayal.

“I didn’t know you were Catholic,” Ms. Pelosi said, a wry reference to Mr. Paulson’s kneeling, according to someone who observed the exchange. She went on: “It’s not me blowing this up, it’s the Republicans.”

Mr. Paulson sighed. “I know. I know.”[/quote]

Much though I don’t like Pelosi’s assholish reference to the kneeling, Paulson acknowleges here that it’s the Republicans who are f*cking up the efforts to take action on the economy.

Leave it to Republicans to always, always, always put the needs of their partisan politicking over even the slightest bit of responsibility to the American nation.