Tree House Academy, American Eagle School and Alexander Academy

You’re welcome, laflame. There may be more to that situation, but I don’t know Chinese, so I don’t feel comfortable interpreting the article much further than what you wrote. Some things that seemed obvious to me when I first looked at the article don’t seem quite so obvious now. Hopefully someone with knowledge of Chinese will come along and add some details if needed. If no one does, then I’ll try to interpret the article a little.

Edited to add the following links, with a minimum of explanation:

Below is a link to a news article dated December 8, 2015:

nextmag.com.tw/breaking-news … 8/31142144

Below is a link to Taipei City Government news article or press release dated April 6, 2016:

tcgwww.taipei.gov.tw/ct.asp?xIte … &mp=100001

Below is a link to a TEALIT advertisment page on which advertisement number 10, for teaching jobs for the school in question, is dated May 26, 2016.

tealit.com/ad_categories.php?sec … ent_mode=2

laflame, I hope someone will come along who knows Chinese and has a good understanding of these kinds of situations.[/quote]
[color=#004080][b]I just read the government bulletin.

Abstract:
They took notice of media reports and decided to raid Tree House. They found it had underage students but no meals or bedding, so they “do not yet have a way” to confirm it’s a kindergarten (“educare service”). They intend to conduct unscheduled inspections in future and issue punishments if they find “specific” evidence of educare or other violations.[/b][/color][/quote]

Thank you very much for that abstract, yyy.

Yes, that’s remarkable. I’m glad you noticed that. I’m still trying to process it.

I’ve just now had a very brief look at your impressive contributions to the “Work Rules for English Teachers” thread, as well as a glimpse at the astute contributions of others in that part of the thread (“impressive” and “astute” were meant seriously):

I just took a few glimpses, but I hope to go back to that thread if and when I get up the gumption–the stuff in there looks pretty challenging. I had a glance at these new rules back when they supposedly took effect, but they confused me and made my eyes glaze over, so I was happy to tell myself that I’d made some effort to understand them and then to put the whole thing out of mind. Now I think that maybe I should have paid better attention and made a better effort.

Do you have any advice for laflame? I’m not sure what to tell him.