Tribal counsil orders the gang rape of a woman

thestar.com/News/article/193722

Lovely quotes:
Pakistani woman was awarded a European human rights prize yesterday, five years after she was stripped naked, gang-raped and left for dead on the orders of a tribal council.

Mai was raped on the orders of a tribal council in Pakistan in 2002 as punishment for her brother’s alleged affair with a woman from another tribe.

Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick! Rape is bad enough when it isn’t ordered by those in charge. My head spins from the “oh my god that shit doesn’t actually happen, does it?” that this article gives me.

Yes, it does actually happen, and it hasn’t gotten much better since Mai spoke out. There’s more global awareness of the issues involved, which is probably positive. However, affairs on the ground in Pakistan aren’t too much better today than in 2002.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]http://www.thestar.com/News/article/193722

Lovely quotes:
Pakistani woman was awarded a European human rights prize yesterday, five years after she was stripped naked, gang-raped and left for dead on the orders of a tribal council.

Mai was raped on the orders of a tribal council in Pakistan in 2002 as punishment for her brother’s alleged affair with a woman from another tribe.

Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick! Rape is bad enough when it isn’t ordered by those in charge. My head spins from the “oh my god that shit doesn’t actually happen, does it?” that this article gives me.[/quote]

You should read about the gang rapes going on in Darfur. Burning mother’s nipples so their kids can’t nurse. :fume: :noway:

She probably got off lightly. Read about honour killings. Becoming a real problem in the UK, too.

The horrors go on. I recall reading this article when it came out in the NY Times:

pulitzer.org/year/1997/inter … index.html

Seems the woman’s own sons turned her in to the Taliban.

And a current case.

worldnetdaily.com/news/artic … E_ID=51602

From the article linked above:

Will the Islamophobia never end?

[quote=“gao_bo_han”]
Will the Islamophobia never end?[/quote] ? :idunno: I don’t get what you mean.

Problem isn’t with Islam, but with getting rid of the tribal mentality that’s being kept in place.

Anyone remember the Imam Raed Hlayhel of Denmark, the guy who began the riots over the Muhammad cartoons? He said that Danish women’s behavior and style of dress invites rape. One of his colleagues, the Mufti Shahid Mehdi, agrees with him.

fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/10/de … y-for.html

Funny that the Muslim world was enraged over the cartoons, and held up Imam Hlayhel as a hero, and yet nary a word was said about Hlayhel’s rape comment. I wonder why?

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“gao_bo_han”]

Problem isn’t with Islam, but with getting rid of the tribal mentality that’s being kept in place.[/quote]

I took Gao-Go-Ban’s comment as sarcasm.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“gao_bo_han”]

Problem isn’t with Islam, but with getting rid of the tribal mentality that’s being kept in place.[/quote]

Oh? So you are saying that Islamic law does not prescribe the death penalty for adultery? Is that your claim?