Tricks to Get Two Housecats to Get Along

Try to give them a common cat-interested distraction other than each other.

Not so easy to do in Taiwan, but set them in the window to watch birds. Or some type of cat toy like the ball that goes round and round and they can paw at it. Or some cat-sound that could be played from the other side of room or another room, where they would have a common interest.

Something that cats would have in common and then they could feel more in common.

2 Likes

Saw this new game. Anecdotal claims by cat owners that their cats watched the game with interest, as the games USP is that you play a cat and they apparently did lots of research and work to make it as cat-like as possible. My PC wont let me install it, but check out this review. Stray Review - YouTube

So you want me to teach my cats to Watch tv together?

1 Like

catnip (if both have that gene that reacts to it) + a few identical pairs of toys to avoid fighting.

Cats arent so unlike people. Albeit murderous people.

1 Like

Cats are solitary creatures. They will mostly want to keep themselves separated. The standing still thing is a power move. They will mostly not interact with each other, although they can still form bond pairs with other cats. My 16 year old cat has bonded with my parents one year old springer spaniel puppy. It’s adorable. They share food and sit together in the garden. My cat still squares up to any cat that comes into the garden.
Interestingly cats don’t meow to other cats. They only meow to humans and when they are kittens.

1 Like

I don’t expect them to be Joey and Chandler. I’d like to settle for Chandler and Janice.

1 Like

You may have to settle for Rachel and Mr Heckles.

Even J Man and Channey (The Chan Chan man) had their spats.

I worry cuz I love.

It’s a video game, so teach cats to watch computer and use a controller.

2 Likes

Haha, I saw this too, two cats join in to keep the new cat (6 weeks for the summer) in its place, it is like people team up sometimes vs. someone they do not like. Cats can work together sometimes.

I also think some cats will never like each other or even a certain person, one of the cats did not like a lady that visited at all, I saw her hair going up and strange sounds that I never heard the cat make.

The older cat took out a ‘contract’ on the kitten?

1 Like

I went to my parents house today. My cat (16 years old) lives there (it’s a better environment than I can provide) with a puppy, Billy, and another cat ( 3 years old). The two cats do not communicate with one another. Period. They eat at different times, they sleep in different parts of the house. I would say they are a bonded pair though. I already knew that my elderly cat had bonded with Billy, but today I found out that he has also now bonded with the younger cat. She came in, saw the dog and rolled over for him to sniff her. Amazing, because this is one skittish cat. So the two cats don’t communicate, but live civilly in the house, and they have both independently created differing bonds with Billy.

It’s all so cute. :hugs:

Sugar is slowing down and looks stressed. She’s sleeping in all new places: closet, under the bed, in a corner behind the sofa. She’s still eating although I had to move her dish to a new nuetraler spot. Monty is good. He still wants to play when they are on the opposite sides of a window or screen. Hopefully, he’ll realize that she’s just not that into him or his damn predatory shenanigans.

1 Like