Trinity Indian Foods Store and other ingredient sources

The bags of masala spice for making chai are great.

Where do you guys get your ingredients? Anyone know where to get some in Taichung?

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: WCIF Indian spices in Taipei?

Where can I find India spices in Taipei?

Do a search for Trinity grocery store, great service :thumbsup:

What he said.

[quote] Trinity Super Stores,
2 / F, NO : 137, Zhongxiao East Road,
Sec 5, Taipei,Taiwan.

MRT station : Taipei City Hall MRT Station,Exit # 4, Two Minutes straight walking.

TEL: + 886 2 27567992 , FAX :+ 886 2 27568042

Email : jobi@trinityworldwide.com
URL : trinityworldwide.com[/quote]

From Zhongxiao & Jilong Rds., cross to the NE corner, and walk east about 2 minutes max. It’s on the 2nd floor. There’s a thread on the store here:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=17490

CONTACT. SAJEEV AT 0930339994. SELLING INDIAN SPICES LIKE BLACK PEPPER, CRUSHED PEPPER, PEPPER POWDER, RED CHILLI WHOLE, CRUSEHD CHILLI, CHILLI POWDER, TURMERIC POWDER, CHICKEN MASALA, MEAT MASALA ETC…
fore more details contact: sajeev_51@hotmail.com

I go to trinity a couple times a week. Fantastic selections, great service and good fresh spices.

You can also buy fresh paneer (1kg at a time), frozen samosas and idly with some sambhar.

They also have Ghee, pickles and other achar. For dry spices (everything from curry leaves to mace), pulses, beans and rice, they basically have everything that you’d want, as well as some ready to eat packaged things. I usually get the annoying to make things like Saag paneer in the premade and it’s pretty damn tasty.

Oh, and a huge selection of Channa choura (SP? what can most closely be approximated as indian chips/crackers)

I know I’m ranting, but Trinity is pretty much the best thing that has happened to me since coming to Taipei, since I love to cook and eat Indian and Bengali food.

Did I mention it’s cheap?

[quote] Email : jobi@trinityworldwide.com
URL : trinityworldwide.com[/quote]
That domain is now for a computer company.

[quote=“frika”]I go to trinity a couple times a week. Fantastic selections, great service and good fresh spices.

You can also buy fresh paneer (1kg at a time), frozen samosas and idly with some sambhar.

They also have Ghee, pickles and other achar. For dry spices (everything from curry leaves to mace), pulses, beans and rice, they basically have everything that you’d want, as well as some ready to eat packaged things. I usually get the annoying to make things like Saag paneer in the premade and it’s pretty damn tasty.

Oh, and a huge selection of Channa choura (SP? what can most closely be approximated as Indian chips/crackers)

I know I’m ranting, but Trinity is pretty much the best thing that has happened to me since coming to Taipei, since I love to cook and eat Indian and Bengali food.

Did I mention it’s cheap?[/quote]

Two questions, are they able to help you with what you’re buying or do you pretty much need to know what you’re getting before you go in, and, do you happen to know if they take credit cards?

They were pretty helpful when I had questions.

Like if you were to walk in and say, “Hey I want to make some chicken tikka and palak paneer tonight” you reckon they’d be able to fix you up?

Like if you were to walk in and say, “Hey I want to make some chicken tikka and palak paneer tonight” you reckon they’d be able to fix you up?[/quote]
Yep. They’ll probably even give you a couple of recipes to go with your ingredients.

Like if you were to walk in and say, “Hey I want to make some chicken tikka and palak paneer tonight” you reckon they’d be able to fix you up?[/quote]

Yeah, they might. They have some convenient mixes, and sometimes hand out flyers with recipes. Personally, what I recommend is going to the sanjeevkapoor site for recipes, then getting all the ingredients at Trinity, and asking, if you don’t find what you want.

Hello there, anybody knows where to get indian spices in Kaohsiung?

You can find Indian Groceries In Taipei, Taiwan

Selling fresh stock of Spices & Groceries for Indian Community, Been a year almost.
Nirala Indian Desi Food Grocery Store in Taipei. Indian Grocery stores typically offer standard Indian cooking needs such as Lentils, rice, Spices, Instant Mixes, Ready to Eat Curries and allot more.

Email:niralaindianstore@gmail.com
Phone:02-2756-8265
grocerystore.yolasite.com/
Add: Yongji Road lane 30, Alley 157, No 18, Fl.1, Taipei, Taiwan 110
5Mins walk from City Hall MRT Rxit 4, Once you are out of Exit 4, Take left walk straight and take a right turn in third alley,
You can see Tall Blue Color Sign Board of Nirala Indian Store.

Cheers !!

I thought I’d revive this thread because I have the same question. More specifically, I’m looking for an Indian specialty store in Taipei. Does anyone know where I can find one? I’m looking for garam masala and curry leaves, but can’t seem to find them in the supermarkets. Thanks!

trinityworldwide.com/tss/

Do a search for Trinity Grocery store on here. They’re the main Indian grocer in Taiwan I think.

I just acquired a curry-leaf tree. If you find yourself in Taipei, there’s an aboriginal guy selling unusual items in the JianGuo flower market. I forget the name of the shop, but it’s something like “permaculture garden” in English. If you’re starting from the Jade market end, it’s on your right, about halfway along.