Trips from Taiwan

Hi,
I am moving to Taiwan to teach at one of the Universities.
Since I will have to take lectures from Mondays to Wednesdays, I would make some international trips around Taiwan from Thursdays to Sundays. Not every weekend of course, but I thought about one weekend per months. I was thinking to visit Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam, Hong Kong - all as 4 days trips.

I was wondering if someone could suggest me cheep flights, preferebly from Kaohsiung airport, but Taipei Airport is ok also. Do you guys usually make this kind of trips from Taiwan around?

thanks

check the agencies. now air asia does more from taiwan, though not really cheaper and many transfer in KL.

here is a rough average i have paid to go to the place you listed, except vietnam as i have not been there. all economy and the cheapest we can find for the time. But if you are able to travel mid week you can probably search out deals.

Thailand $9-14,000
Philipines$6-11,000
Hong Kong $3-6000

tpe to manila on the cebu pacific red eye is about 4000NT - it’s a sucky flight time but it’s cheap
hong kong is 6000NT from Taipei, 9000 from Kaohsiung
singapore and KL are about 10KNT from Taipei
Japan goes as low as 10K it seems but probably expect to pay a little more
SKorea is 9000NT from Taipei and 13000 from KHH
Everytime I looked at Vietnam and Indonesia the prices ended up in the 15-20000NT range it seemed.

I use skyscanner.net and it seems to find the best prices everytime. The above prices are just off the top of my head.

Yeah, it’s much cheaper to go to Philippines via Cebu Pacific Airlines! Moreover, there are lots of places to visit for tourists… just have your itinerary ready & make yourself aware (by searching reviews from the internet) of the places you wanna visit. It’s more fun in the Philippines! :bow:

wow, thats insane its so cheap to go to manilla, last time we went i think we paid 9k. thanks for posting that airline, i didnt even know they flew to taiwan.

what airline goes to HK for 6000NT? maybe cuz im using american search engines?

Hong Kong Airlines has flights as cheap as 7300NT now for TPE-HKG

You get what you pay for with Cebu Pacific. It’s a no frills airline and the red eye schedule sucks. but it’s super cheap.

Taking Cebu, jetstar and airasia is the way to go. Many internal and onward flights are then super cheap NTD, take your pic of destinations in SE Asia.

The only real catch is you might have to overnight in KL or Manila sometimes.

[quote=“Abacus”]Hong Kong Airlines has flights as cheap as 7300NT now for TPE-HKG

You get what you pay for with Cebu Pacific. It’s a no frills airline and the red eye schedule sucks. but it’s super cheap.[/quote]

i was looking at their website…i cant even search a TPE-HKG flight in april, says no flights available =X

I hope it’s not English you’re teaching.

[quote=“Ovechkin”][quote=“Abacus”]Hong Kong Airlines has flights as cheap as 7300NT now for TPE-HKG

You get what you pay for with Cebu Pacific. It’s a no frills airline and the red eye schedule sucks. but it’s super cheap.[/quote]

I was looking at their website…i cant even search a TPE-HKG flight in april, says no flights available =X[/quote]
They are a phillipino airline that
route thru Manila so no use for Hk tpe. Hk tpe route is always expensive due to govt controls.

no no, i was looking at HK airline’s website…

That’s why you use a site like skyscanner.net to find the best deal and then go to the airline site. They have some flights in March for 7300NT and I don’t know why flights in April aren’t showing up.