True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

Tommy525, paging Tommy525, please report to the LiT forum.

Some may think you’re (I’m assuming you’re asking about prospects here) “cool” in the way that many here think its “cool” to pepper their conversation with English. It can get you an “in” with some once they know where you’re from.

Since I’m not a Taiwanese girl, I can’t tell you how they can distinguish you from the local guys.

ABCs tend to be on the wealthy side, and in Taiwan money is everything to so many people.

My experience seems that some people hate ABC’s…

1 Like

That’s not completely true. Some of their parents did the overstay visa thing and were as wealthy as Mexicans. :sunglasses:

That’s not completely true. Some of their parents did the overstay visa thing and were as wealthy as Mexicans. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Oh no, he done played the Mexican card…

i donno but i do like the ABC girls :slight_smile: and I know chaosnick specializes in them. NO i lied, actually i prefer TW girls :slight_smile:

I found most chicks dig a guy who also maters the DEF and probably all the letters down to Z. Call me old fashioned but mastering all letters makes a conversation so much richer.

I think you can be a local/whitie/ABC/or whatever race/nationality there is, the bottom line is: be funny, confident, and don’t be afraid of girls. Then girls flock your way.

I agree that ABCs might make some local girls think that they’re cooler cos they speak Engrish. But I also know many people don’t like ABCs cos lots of them are dorks and speak Engrish too loudly in public places. That goes the same for whities or locals too. Some say there’s also the wealth factor. Well, as a matter of fact, lots of ABCs are mostly mommy-daddy rich, whereas some whities/locals here are wealthy cos theys gots them skillz or just sacrifice their weekend in teaching lots and lots of Engrish.

So… I don’t really think it’s a sound question to begin with to tell you the truth. But then of course, there are, girls that would just go for ABCs just because they’re ABCs and might be better dressers and know better about being around girls than local guys. So if you’re here just to suss out what the dating scene is like cos you’re an ABC, well… the kind of girl you’re looking for is more of the issue instead of what kind of guys they like, don’t you think? Cos we all know there be lots of bunny boilers up in this hizzous.

Anyway, hope that answers your question. :discodance:

[quote=“gymbunny”]I think you can be a local/whitie/ABC/or whatever race/nationality there is, the bottom line is: be funny, confident, and don’t be afraid of girls. Then girls flock your way.

I agree that ABCs might make some local girls think that they’re cooler cos they speak Engrish. But I also know many people don’t like ABCs cos lots of them are dorks and speak Engrish too loudly in public places. That goes the same for whities or locals too. Some say there’s also the wealth factor. Well, as a matter of fact, lots of ABCs are mostly mommy-daddy rich, whereas some whities/locals here are wealthy cos theys gots them skillz or just sacrifice their weekend in teaching lots and lots of Engrish.

So… I don’t really think it’s a sound question to begin with to tell you the truth. But then of course, there are, girls that would just go for ABCs just because they’re ABCs and might be better dressers and know better about being around girls than local guys. So if you’re here just to suss out what the dating scene is like cos you’re an ABC, well… the kind of girl you’re looking for is more of the issue instead of what kind of guys they like, don’t you think? Cos we all know there be lots of bunny boilers up in this hizzous.

Anyway, hope that answers your question. :discodance:[/quote]

Can I be your little brother?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“gymbunny”]I think you can be a local/whitie/ABC/or whatever race/nationality there is, the bottom line is: be funny, confident, and don’t be afraid of girls. Then girls flock your way.

Can I be your little brother?[/quote]

Gymbunny sounds like Tommy’s younger brother to me. No Tommy ?

yes no tommy :laughing:

Taiwanese girls prefer HHHHHH guys.

• High income
  • High family status.
  • High education.
  • High credit card limit.
  • Height.
  • High potential that a foreigner might have more of these than the (whats the local word for hillbilly?) guy next door.

[quote=“tango42”]Taiwanese girls prefer HHHHHH guys.

• High income
  • High family status.
  • High education.
  • High credit card limit.
  • Height.
  • High potential that a foreigner might have more of these than the (whats the local word for hillbilly?) guy next door.[/quote]

This is why Taiwan has such a low birthrate and marriage rate… everyone’s chasing money but not really marrying someone that they are truly compatible with. Does money equate happiness? The answer is no, because if you look at hollywood they all marry for money and their marriage lasts on average 6 months.

台客

I think there’s a perception from some that the ABTs in Taiwan are only there because they couldn’t make it abroad, so no I don’t think there’s a universal preference for ABTs over domestic products, in fact it might even be a negative.

1 Like

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“gymbunny”]I think you can be a local/whitie/ABC/or whatever race/nationality there is, the bottom line is: be funny, confident, and don’t be afraid of girls. Then girls flock your way.

Bring it, I’ve got two brothers and I don’t mind having another one. :slight_smile:
Yeah, what’s up with height being one of the criteria?? I was super surprised when my mom tried to set this family friend of mine up and said, “Yeah, he’s a good looking guy…”
I was replied, “WHAT?!”
She said, “Yeah, he’s tall.”
My response :ponder:

[quote=“gymbunny”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“gymbunny”]I think you can be a local/whitie/ABC/or whatever race/nationality there is, the bottom line is: be funny, confident, and don’t be afraid of girls. Then girls flock your way.

Bring it, I’ve got two brothers and I don’t mind having another one. :slight_smile:
Yeah, what’s up with height being one of the criteria?? I was super surprised when my mom tried to set this family friend of mine up and said, “Yeah, he’s a good looking guy…”
I was replied, “WHAT?!”
She said, “Yeah, he’s tall.”
My response :ponder:[/quote]

That explains your confidence around girls. I use the gay thing to my advantage all the time, and usually if I want to dance up on them, etc., I lead off with “I’m gay”. Then later you tell them a sob story about how your ex-girlfriend broke your heart so bad you turned gay. OR you tell them you’ve never been with a girl before. OR you tell them there’s no way you could ever sleep with a girl, then they try to ‘make you straight’. It’s fun.

Isn’t that a plot-line from “Friends”?

And … seriously … that works? :astonished: