Trusted brands of milk/ OJ

PX Mart has it too.
It’s UHT or something.

Tastes pretty good to me. :idunno:

Thanks to everyone who replied. Since 7-11 is off the list too, I guess that makes Starbucks off too. That’s a shame because the juice/ milk doesn’t make it far in the heat, so it would nice to have some place close.

Not AFAIK. I’ll be interested to see what you have on this.[/quote]

They were on the list in Chinese published in local papers. Not all products, of course. The first thing that came to mind was their safety lab being closed… by the government.

EDIT:
Their linkie: chimeifood.com.tw/ugC_Benefi … nefitID=35

meat buns, dumpling soup affected[/quote]

No, thats [color=#BF0000]
CHI
[/color]mei. We’re talking about [color=#0000FF]
I
[/color]mei. Different companies.

However, [urlhttp://chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2014/10/11/419191/I-Mei-outsourced.htm]I-mei has now been implicated[/url] (their pork floss, made by another firm):

[quote]The Changhua County Public Health Bureau (CHSHB, 彰化縣衛生局) yesterday stated that after tracing the purchasing information of Cheng-I lard oil (正義香豬油), the CHSHB found a factory that has been outsourced by I-Mei Foods Co. (義美食品) ) to be using potentially problematic lard oil in their products.

Reportedly, the factory was revealed to be owned by the Chen Chi Company (榛記公司), which manufactures meat floss for I-Mei. [/quote]

Not AFAIK. I’ll be interested to see what you have on this.[/quote]

They were on the list in Chinese published in local papers. Not all products, of course. The first thing that came to mind was their safety lab being closed… by the government.

EDIT:
Their linkie: chimeifood.com.tw/ugC_Benefi … nefitID=35

meat buns, dumpling soup affected[/quote]

No, thats [color=#BF0000]
CHI
[/color]mei. We’re talking about [color=#0000FF]
I
[/color]mei. Different companies.[/quote]

Yep, wrong link. But Imei is also using tainted stuff, as per local TV news - they show Imei stores and brand products, of course, not all involved.

We have to remember that nothing is sacred nor safe anymore, no matter what expensive. I mean, Wowprime steaks, at a thousand nuts a meal… yet their purchase department states they but too much products to be trouble free.

In Imei defense, their safety lab was closed, and even so, these are allegedly reputable companies, backed up by government testing.

Full scale boycott is the only way to go. Protests would do, too, but better hit them where it hurts. Then maybe the government will step up to the plate. That a company that is exemplary in so many aspects like Imei is involved reveals that no one is safe from the extent of this trickery and corruption.

My FB is full of locals half jokingly supporting China’s approach to those caught, against the “let the part go on” in Taiwan.

Too much of the food sourcing, production and sale is in local hands, this is what happens. They WILL skip corners to make more money.

Taiwan is buying lard from Japan and Spain from now on because of thes eproblems. Hong Kong has banned lots of foodproducts from Taiwan.

Even the sweets known as Kuai Kuai are affected this time.

I-mei’s safety lab was closed? Why? Any links?

The one in Taoyuan, when the plasticizer scandal broke. Razed to the ground. Coincidence? Think not.

Linkies will have to wait. It was a while ago. And in Chinese.

The building it was in was encroaching on riverside land, but it seems to have reopened:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … -alone.htm
imeifoods.com.tw/lab/index.html

Could someone please help me out?

I can’t find the normal milk on fourways.com.tw/08/shopping.htm , only chocolate milk, yoghurt, ice cream, and cheese

Had the same problem myself. I hope it’s not because they’re about to raise the price…

They have limited production volume, and occasionally run short of product. Join up for regular delivery and you may have better luck.

Try Chu Lu too: chuluranch.com/index.aspx

How do those farms (chulu ranch and fourways) compare to Costco’s brand of local milk?

Ever since reading this thread my family changed to Chu Lu. It’s just been on the news that the Chu Lu farm was inspected, and they found no cows…

LOL Synthetic milk?

well one would hardly expect one small farm to feed millions of people milk? But more concerning is the lack of transparency of their source farms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a new (I think?) brand of milk on the shelves: Aus Green, “100% 澳洲”, supposedly a “Product of Australia.” Does anyone know anything about it, yea or nay? I’m not sure who the local distributor is.

It won’t be fresh milk though, and that’s what people are after. There are already several brands of stuff in cartons from New Zealand, Australia and Europe.