Trying to find a girl I met in 2015

The school would tell him to go screw. That sounds deranged.

4 Likes

You could describe your story on PTT and see if you get a response.

5 Likes

I doubt the school would even keep long deleted emails anyway. If the did they would have terabytes of data needing to be stored.

3 Likes

Just leave her alone. I don’t think she (or her current boyfriend…or maybe husband) will appreciate your efforts to find her and make amends.

6 Likes

Ah the one that got away ! My dad said that sometimes you don’t realize that you let the love of your life slip away …
oh wait that’s not going to make you feel better Is it

It BE what it IS.

Sure sounds a girl I used to know also

At any rate it’s going to be real hard to find her since you know so little

And have basically nothing to go on

Best to carry on …

2 Likes

To be honest I think the average girl is far better at forgetting someone than the average guy.

Ask me how I know

9 Likes

This sounds like a potential for an updated version of “There’s Something about Mary” --> East meets West version 2.0.

Hire a russian hacker. Get access to those school emails ASAP.

Of course once the Russian hacker locates her, he will find her equally as intriguing. Definitely “wife” material.

He will give you her contact info, BUT be prepared for his sabotage. We’re talking about your credit score crumbling. Swatting you. Tweeting homophobic language and imagery with your account. The usual stuff.

Make contact with her. And of course she remembers you…and so happy you contacted her and yes she is SINGLE. Remember the movie though…‘unload the chamber’ before the first date :wink:. You want to go into it with a clear calm head(s). The rest is up to you.

4 Likes

[quote=“Hanna, post:12, topic:194625, full:true”]
Leave her alone. It sounds like you blew your chance with her the first time around. I doubt she’d ever want to see you again.
[/quote] OP never said he wanted to see her again, just apologize for his behavior.

2 Likes

Unless she has the memory of a fish, she does.

1 Like

Not sure if this will help, but you DO know her first name, and she IS Taiwanese . . .
If she’s got a weirdly spelled first name, say, “Wolfgane” or “Matildur”, just search for that on Facebook.
You’re welcome. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Sure that really helps. :rofl:

This is true. My experience is that a guy will still be pining for a girl even years after while she moved on in the first week and never gave you a second thought. Generally speaking

My armchair psychology thinks this is because women don’t really need to work at getting a boyfriend so there is always more guys waiting to keep her company that she doesn’t have time to worry about some random in her past. Guys need to bust their balls getting attention if they are average looking and not Brad Pitt. So we tend to lock on

5 Likes

OP apologizing for his behavior at this point is utterly self-serving. She’s probably been over it, has barely thought about it for ages, and wouldn’t appreciate being reminded of it. Tracking down and apologizing to an ex years after the fact, just to assuage feelings of guilt? Not just creepy, but also pointless.

Unless she’s a total loser who’s managed to stay hung up on some douchebag for five whole years, she isn’t gonna give a shit about getting an apology now. The best thing to do is let her be.

12 Likes

Sad but most likely true.

I still pine for an ex sometimes and then I dig out an old email she sent me and that put me squarely back in my place.

4 Likes

Some of this sounds like cyber stalking tips 101.

As many have said, move on. Find someone new.

Is this part of the 12 step programme?

3 Likes

Forgetting someone that MUST be forgotten should only be a one step process

Press the FORGET button

But (there is always a But) only TIME has the FORGET button for some

2 Likes

I think you should let it go, mostly for her sake but also for yours.

However if you’re unable to, give this a try on Facebook and report back here.

1 Like

Yes, I never said otherwise. My point was he never said he wanted to date her again.

He will never find her again, if he does somehow she will think he is a weirdo for apologizing 5 years later.

1 Like

Oh,it would probably just be fizzle fizzle if he had actually gone! But, you never know, she could actually be an unmarried mother and be very happy to see him again.

3 Likes