Trying to understand what's important to Taiwanese men

just curious how TW men respond to being called “natives”?

1 Like

Three (recently four) groups of people formed Taiwan citizen.

1. Aborigines (aka the real natives)
  2. Southern Min (Hakka also) people, descendant from Qing & Japanese era people coming from Southeast of China.
  3. Chinese people come after KMT loss to Japan.
  4. Newly wed brides from China and SE Asia.
    White folks English teachers and SE Asia migrant workers are not included.

1, rightly called natives, but usually not good idea to call them so in Mandarin Chinese.
2. Usually proudly announced themselves as natives.
3. Will never consider themselves as natives.
4. Will never be considered natives, won’t consider themselves as natives.

Of course these are generalization.

I don’t actually call them natives. I just use the term loosely to refer to people who were born and raised in Taiwan. 本地人 as opposed to 外國人 or 華僑

1 Like

getting face for themselves and their family is the number one most important thing, no second servings too

this meaning…no non-virgins? I don’t think most of the younger generation really give a damn about that anymore.

1 Like

FWIW y’all since posting this thread I’ve figured out that this dude, like millions of men the world over, is just a dog.

So, moving on…

3 Likes

I’m sure most are just happy to be in a room with a naked girl.

Yes, as long as she’s not farting or snoring.

1 Like

Not really. We call those moscas muertas in Spanish. Taiwanese guys in general have good qualities, like being reliable, hard working, open to carry the household load equally meaning they do housework and take care of kids. Problem is depending on their background and personality, they do not develop interests beyond their field of work nor social ties beyond their family. In these cases, heir world is boring, their views obtuse and their personality weak, meaning they are insecure and embrace ignorance, making themselves a danger to others. This kind of guy is not exclusive to Taiwan, but it is remarkably prominent and encouraged by the educational system.

The issue of interest for those of us foreigners interacting with these guys is to identify them, as they are rejected by local women, who are fed up with men-child they have to carry along. Moreover, these guys may actively seek foreign women first of all because of the first item mentioned, second because they believe they can exert power over US and have payback. They hang dearly to racial superiority ideas. One prominent danger is looking for a partner with the sole purpose of bearing mixed children, believed to be socially outstanding, unless from SEA.

2 Likes

I know a lot of Taiwanese men (and men in general) are decent people; there are plenty of them in my family. I also know a lot of them are entitled man-children with the worldview of the inside of a boba straw. I think my main problem is that I, like a lot of people, are drawn to handsome men, and most of those are uh…not good. No matter where you are.

I guess I should mention that I myself am a mixed person so I think to Taiwanese men I represent something both familiar/comfortable and also foreign/exciting. I have yet to encounter someone who has pursued me with the sole purpose of exerting racial superiority, although I think a lot of them think they must be pretty hot shit for being able to pick up a mixed chick. :roll_eyes:

It’s painful watching women discuss reasons for men’s actions in choosing who they get with. It’s like that movie he’s just not that into you.

Besides the outliers (I’m sure there’s some) men date and pursue sexual mates because we find you attractive. Ain’t nobody care you’re mix, white, Jamaican, Canadian, etc. you’re hot to us or not. We want to stick our penis in you or not.

I think there are enough threads tearing down Taiwanese women/women in general on this forum that some discussion about Taiwanese men/men in general is perfectly justified. Yeah, a lot of men are not very sophisticated when it comes to selecting mates. We’re aware of that. Doesn’t mean we can’t share some thoughts about it.

Anyway, at this point I’m just waiting on the mods to let me in to the women’s forum. @tempogain pls. pls call me

No ones saying you can make observations about the men here and I would say they aren’t so off base. I wouldn’t call it tearing anyone down making observations.

I’m just saying you ladies make it way to complicated and think too much. I’ve never sat in a room with a bunch of guys discussion women we potential would date and someone say “oh but she’s mix, I think that makes me look good and superior” plenty of ugly mixed, black, white, whatever girls out there.

It usually comes down to “yeah she’s hot, I’d date her or fuck her” And some other comments about her looks. Or no “she’s not that hot, got a nice body but she’s a butter face a a stage 5 clinger”

Every once in a while we find someone attractive enough and have the qualities of a long term girl with potential and we may say that. But that’s about it.

Our discussions and decisions are not that complicated. And the idea of a bunch of women discussing what men likes here lol. You’re prob going to get a lot of completely wrong advice

Race unfortunately factors in for a lot of men, in my experience. Sometimes overtly and sometimes covertly. I’m genuinely happy to hear it doesn’t factor in at all for you and your friends. Definitely might be more of an American thing, though.

More of a disqualifying factor I would say. I’m comfortable with saying I’m not attracted to black women in general, but mostly because of their hair. Don’t think that makes me racist. I also don’t like women with curly non straight hair so. It’s some I prioritize in physical features. But I’ve never was like I’m gonna date or not date that girl because of her race, nationality etc and most men don’t. Some do sure but I would say that’s a minority. I’ve met my share of men who only dates white women or Asian women etc. But that’s not a majority.

Women give the worst fucking advice for dating men. They also give some of the worst advice for men wanting to date women.

2 Likes

Men are really not that complicated, sometimes I overthink on things they said like “he said my face was pretty, wait! Hold on… does that mean my body isn’t?? Am I fat?? “. After 2 years of relationship I realized that men are way more simple than we are, and the trick is just coming to understand that and trying to think like they do!

Yeah some guys do prefer certain races, I know
People that only date Asians, some only date black girls and others only white girls… but honestly what they care mostly about is getting into your panties and race at that point isn’t that much of a deciding factor.

And, not true that guys can’t be handsome and willing to be in a serious relationship and nice people at the same time, maybe you just came across the wrong ones. I’ve met plenty of nice and handsome guys!

introduce me for the love of god

1 Like

I told @_Lilith once I like her hair color (I don’t remember this at all) and I recently found out she’s been dying her hair that color for like the last two years because of a comment I have no memory of :rofl:

I do like her hair that color, I also like her hair her natural color. But I’ve no idea she’s been dying it for me because I said i liked it once lol.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

this is what we missed from @Andrew0409 earlier this year before he went AWOL, actively or passively. haha

2 Likes