Trying to understand what's important to Taiwanese men

Two things I always have to perk up and answer forth-rightly when my wife asks are what shoes she should wear (as we’re about to go out; and we’re only talking sneakers!!).
And “do you like this hairstyle?”
The grenade question from a girl: Am I getting fat around (pointing to some spot on the body) here?

2 Likes

In the America I live/lived in, it’s not much of a factor at all. Maybe you live/lived in a different America?

I see people make too much of a big deal out of race and interracial dating where it’s a huge perpetual self fulfilling prophecy. I see Asian men do this often, get too caught up with the women who say they would never date an Asian man or some statistics. Some of the times it’s like maybe you’ve already set yourself to fail or don’t try. Or you just butt ugly with nothing to offer in life.

I also have to agree with the good doctor here. In America and I’m assuming you mean US, it’s probably the most tolerant tbh of interracial dating, maybe the same in Canada or UK? Most places wouldn’t bat an eye unless you’re in the middle of nowhere where the population is like South Park.

I honestly think you’re thinking too much on the race thing, and maybe too presumptuous of your status in the dating pool due to being mixed.

The vast majority of America is like this. The whole country is not Chicago, LA, NYC, and so on.

The race thing is pretty often pushed in my face, so I don’t really have a choice but to make some observations. I have come across a number of Asian American men who put white women on a pedestal and consider white-mixed women “as close as they can get,” which is depressing. For the Taiwanese men I’ve met it’s more about enjoying the novelty, while also not straying too far outside their comfort zone. Pretty similar to the appeal of hooking up with other types of Asian women, i.e. Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. Different, but not too much.

I’d say some of ladies and gentlemen just enjoy talking on this kind of topics like that.

1 Like

Bottom line, if you beautiful… You are beautiful… doesn’t matter what’s the color of your skin.
Whites can be beautiful, or ugly.
Blacks can be beautiful, or ugly.
Asians can be beautiful, or ugly.
Martians can be beautiful as well, I guess. Or ugly.

Freud summed that human have several capitals. There’s money, there’s family prestige, and there’s looks/sexual capital.
Use one or more of these to gain better life.

If you are stuck with ugly face, no money, no family prestige, well good luck finding someone who could “see your kind heart”.
Or you could be funny or extremely clever/educated.

1 Like

this whole topic is kind of devolving to a list of depressing facts of life now

1 Like

Well, facts of life that everyone can see are wrong. We all know from experience how people stuck with “ugly face” (seriously?), no family prestige or good luck still manage to reproduce even when they are also not funny, extremely clever, or educated. I doubt Einstein came from a couple of lookers.

Yeah, it is an overly pessimistic way to see things, but I’m just feeling kinda glum about it all now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqTE-ig7NhY

That’s because of alcohol, no TV/internet in old days and simply settling with a 6 other than spending old days with 6 cats/dogs (ur choice)

I’m not quite sure what this means, but it seems really profound.

I do too, I just can’t help but chuckle at some of the advice and opinions of my female friends when discussing men and their love life. Which isn’t as bad as perpetually hearing bad advice given to men who really need some help with the ladies.

When we are discussing on boyfriends/girlfriends like that, I think we don’t actually need advices but talking on that topic is the purpose of the discussion in many cases. To continue the discussion, we should make it complicated as much as possible.

A wise man once said, things that motivates men do stuff could be located within one “span” from his belly button.
One span* up is his stomach. A span down is his “little brother”.
But of course, I am a mere simpleton, here.

*span is a unit of length that basically the distance between your thumb and little finger at the furthest.

@Hanna You’re still young. Things will work out. First thing to do is to stop thinking about the situation or person. Focus your attention on your hobbies. Soon you’ll forget about the guy because your attention will be otherwise occupied. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fact this discussion has gone on so long just proves one thing: humans, whether male or female, are obsessed with the mating process.

1 Like

Why is your stomach in your chest? Maybe the wise man meant his heart? Or did he have Trump-sized hands?

How do ABT / Asian-American men and Taiwanese men differ from your experience?

You said you could accurately analyze American men. How?

My first thread! Ah, memories…

3 Likes